Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2016 6:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Paralegal, Trademarks jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Paralegal, Trademarks postings
Full Time Job
Amazon is seeking an experienced trademark paralegal to manage all matters relating to coordination and maintenance of our Amazon Studios and Amazon Video trademark portfolio, and implementation of our global IP strategy. This is a great opportunity to have frequent & independent interaction with business partners worldwide, and work in a challenging environment with team-oriented co-workers. Ideal candidates must be passionate about brands and IP protection, have the ability to adapt to current and future responsibilities, as well as the willingness to expand responsibilities as needed.
Responsibilities will include:
• Conducting analyzing trademark searches
• Advising on the naming process and clearing trademarks worldwide
• Preparing and prosecuting trademark applications on a worldwide basis, managing outside counsel where required
• Managing the Amazon Studios copyright portfolio; preparing and filing copyright applications
• Advising internal clients on appropriate trademark use
• Assisting with investigation of third party use of marks
• Reviewing social media accounts for trademark infringing activity; preparing and submitting take-down requests
• Active management of trademark opposition, cancellation, and other conflict matters
• Preparing and filing assignments in connection with business acquisitions
• Supporting licensing review and activities
• Reviewing creative assets for trademark, design and copyright issues
Successful candidates must be able to pursue projects to completion with a minimum of input or direction, take creative initiative in creating and improving work processes, and work effectively on a variety of simultaneously active matters in a fast-paced environment.
Every day across the world we develop ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth's Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
• 3 years of experience as a Trademark Paralegal in a law firm or corporate setting.
• Extensive experience with all aspects of USPTO trademark and copyright work (prosecution, maintenance, and renewals).
• Experience with trademark and copyright aspects of film, television and online streaming services is a plus.
• Experience handling domain name matters and reviewing marketing and advertising is a plus.
• Experience with all aspects of USPTO TTAB proceedings (opposition, cancellations).
• Bachelor's degree and/or Paralegal certificate is preferred.
High attention to detail and resourceful, flexible, articulate, energetic, hard-working, and effective at trouble-shooting.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.