Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2016 11:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Media Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Media Manager postings
Full Time Job
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community.
Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
The Amazon Video team is seeking a Media Manager to lead our strategic planning and buying efforts towards Amazon's original TV, movie, lifestyle and branded content offerings.
Your focus will be on media planning, buying, optimization and performance analysis across multiple mediums including (but not limited to) television, print, digital and out-of-home, to help determine the optimal channel mix for future campaigns through owned, earned and paid media channels. You will be responsible for helping to manage media agencies and other partners in order to achieve our marketing and media objectives for individual program launches, brand campaigns and other relevant marketing initiatives. You will report directly to the Sr. Media Manager and work directly with the Amazon Original brand marketing team closely on related performance, global, mass marketing and leadership teams to establish and implement mass media best practices, create rigorous analytical processes and produce cost-effective advertising. The successful candidate will draw upon their project management experience to ensure we're on-air, on-time and on-budget across multiple campaigns and business initiatives.
As Amazon's Media Manager, you'll deliver mass media campaigns by:
• Acting as a strategic partner between Originals brand marketing leads and agencies to develop and evaluate robust and holistic paid media strategies and tactics for individual product and brand marketing campaigns.
• Acting as a primary day-to-day contact for Amazon's media agencies.
• Working with senior management and agencies to produce impactful and cost-effective media plans.
• Inputting into advertising portfolio strategy and investment models.
• Help manage budgets and timelines for media programs with the Sr. Media Manager
• Monitoring and analyzing key media buy metrics (CPP, CPM, CPC, etc.), quality, and campaign performance.
• Establishing post-buy audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the media plans.
• Interfacing with Amazon commercial teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative media opportunities.
• Working closely with digital video merchandising team (AIV), Amazon Ad Exchange (AAX) and other internal partners to leverage, obtain, value and measure media and merchandising opportunities that can be integrated into Originals planning.
• Interfacing directly with networks, affiliates and MSO's to develop new advertising programs and secure premium media.
• Working alongside global advertising and media planning team on regional/global projects.
• Seeking and evaluating new media opportunities, evaluating and surfacing them to the team.
• Monitoring, analyzing and reporting competitive media and marketing strategies.
• 5-7 years relevant professional experience in media planning, media buying, and/or advertising production management.
• In-depth understanding of media principles, planning and buying functions for the US.
• Solid entertainment industry knowledge and contacts in television and /or feature films.
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
• Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
• Major media agency experience highly desirable.
• Digital and social media experience highly desirable.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.