Marketing, Research & Insights Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Oscar-winning films Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, alongside the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids and an extensive library of Amazon feature films.
Amazon Studios releases 14 - 16 films per year to Theaters, Home Entertainment and Prime Video. Our films are ambitious, independent movies by visionary directors that require innovative materials, creative marketing campaigns and excellent communication with internal team members and filmmakers.
Original Movies is seeking an experienced Marketing, Research & Insights Manager to lead our strategic marketing research efforts as part of the marketing and distribution team. This role will need to be a highly organized, creative, and strategic thinker to carry out primary research, and consumer insights research for our Original Movies marketing department. Responsibilities will include overseeing research screenings, marketing materials testing, tracking, exit polls, social listening/reporting and more in order to achieve our marketing objectives for individual film releases and other relevant marketing initiatives. The role also requires experience with qualitative and quantitative analysis, an aptitude for data-analysis, excellent project management skills and a passion for continuous testing. The team culture is fast-paced, creative, data and detail-oriented, and focused on delivering results in a deadline-driven work environment.
• Establish and manage relationships with research vendors
• Oversee research screenings, marketing materials testing, tracking, exit polls, social listening/reporting
• Provide qualitative and quantitative reports and insights to marketing team during all stages of the marketing campaign
• Develop test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate within marketing campaigns.
• Interface with Amazon Studios research teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative marketing opportunities
• Seek and evaluate new media opportunities
• Monitor, analyze and report competitive marketing campaigns
• 5 years relevant professional experience in primary, entertainment or market research
• In-depth understanding of qualitative and quantitative analysis
• Passion for data-analysis
• Solid entertainment industry knowledge and contacts in feature films
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a lean work environment
• Studio experience managing marketing research for theatrical releases
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet