Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon has spent nearly two decades revolutionizing the way we consume music, movies and entertainment-and now, the company is changing the way movies and TV shows are being made. Amazon Studios, the original film and series production arm of Amazon.com is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative Lead Publicist to develop strategy and implementation of publicity campaigns for Amazon Original Series. This individual will be based in Santa Monica and report to the Head of Publicity for One Hour Series.
• Create and implement strategic publicity plans that drive buzz and awareness of Amazon Studios Original Series
• Develop and manage the execution of series publicity campaigns
• Utilize series talent for press opportunities
• Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
• Manage external public relations agency on strategy and day-to-day matters
• Keep current on trends, issues and news about both the business and consumer worlds of movies and television
• Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson for assigned businesses as necessary
• 6-8 years of experience in entertainment publicity, TV experience preferred
• Experience managing a current network of entertainment industry media contacts
• Bachelor's degree
• Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry
• Knowledge of entertainment awards publicity
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
• Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
• Desire to work with the media proactively to generate awareness
• A passion for pop culture and entertainment
• Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
• Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!