Intern - Research
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Amazon Studios is seeking bright, multitasking, dynamic and self-motivated interns to work hard, have fun and make history with us this fall. Amazon Studios Internship Program gives interns hands-on experience working with the studio behind award-winning shows such as Transparent, Man in the High Castle, and Tumble Leaf and critically-acclaimed films Café Society and Manchester by the Sea. In addition to working closely with executives in our Santa Monica offices, interns have the opportunity to participate in guest speaker sessions, networking events and screenings.
The Research & Insights team is looking for an intern with a passion for television and movies to join our team and execute traditional entertainment research and exploration in the digital space. The Research Intern will help implement quantitative surveys and qualitative focus groups to deliver actionable insights and recommendations to the content development, marketing, and strategy teams. Responsibilities include creating and testing survey links, and assisting with report creation including data entry, analysis, and storytelling.
Our fall internship class will take place from September 11 – December 8 (for students on semester system) or September 25 – December 8 (for students on quarter system). Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary. An Amazon Studios team member will contact you should your experiences and interests match the research internship position.
- Must be a current student seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA
- Ability to work part time during the week.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment and common sense.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Creative problem-solver.
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to run basic analyses and be very comfortable working with numbers.
- Previous work experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Interest in SQL, Python, and/or R a plus.