Intern - Movies Marketing and Distribution
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Amazon Studios is seeking bright, multitasking, dynamic and self-motivated interns to work hard, have fun and make history with us this fall. Amazon Studios Internship Program, gives interns hands-on experience working with the studio behind award-winning shows such as Transparent, Man in the High Castle and Tumble Leaf and critically-acclaimed filmsCafé Society, Neon Demon and Love & Friendship. In addition to working closely with executives in our Santa Monica offices, interns have the opportunity to participate in guest speaker sessions, networking events and screenings.
Our fall internship class will take place from September 12 to December 9 2016. Internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required, however we will provide documentation if necessary. An Amazon Studios team member will contact you should your experiences and interests match an open internship position.
• Must be a current student seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree.
• Ability to work 16-24 hours per week.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license.
• High attention to detail.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
• Positive, proactive and able to always exercise great judgment and common sense.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Creative problem-solver.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Previous work experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!