Originals Awards & Trade Marketing Lead
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Studios Marketing team is looking for a Sr. Manager to oversee all aspects of our award activities and trade event activations. The goal of this position is to create, build and manage strategic plans for all award submissions and the related marketing activities for Amazon Original adult and kids TV series, working to obtain an abundance of awards that will validate and elevate the quality of our shows and our Amazon Prime Video brand as a whole.
Manage the process from start to finish for the development and execution of a full strategic plan for our awards activities and related marketing activities. This includes:
• Develop an innovative, holistic, strategic approach for the submission of and related marketing activities for all major entertainment awards competitions (Emmy, Golden Globe, Annies, Guilds etc.) The strategic approach should consider all owned, paid and earned media, as well as social, promotional, events, PR, etc.
• Seek and develop new ideas that forge first to market opportunities new strategies to provide the company and the industry with new/more effective innovative and effective ways to engage voters with our awards activities, as they net better overall results.
• Identify organizational competitions and make recommendations on value and impact of the award.
• Organize and submit Amazon Original Series, Kids Series and Unscripted programming to recommended competitions.
• Identify assets needed for each submission and communicate to creative marketing team in a timely manner.
• Maintain up to date submission and nomination grids for each Series.
• Gather input from all stakeholders including (but not limited to) marketing creative, paid media, social, program development, legal, PR, research, production, business development and other relevant teams to build cohesive and detailed plans.
• Cultivate positive relationships with appropriate academy, agency and other relevant customers/stakeholder to forward our cause and reach our goals.
• Solidify and clearly articulate goals, strategic plans, positioning and audience engagement tactics and obtain approval from proper stakeholders.
• Develop integrated strategies that work to achieve our stated goals and provide direction, communication and necessary documentation to all internal and external partners.
• Provide inventive and innovative thinking to the process to simplify, improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Supervise all trade and awards-related events and screening activites.
• Provide timely, clear, transparent and effective communication to all appropriate constituents and stakeholders.
• Collaborate across internal and external team members and agencies.
• Provide detailed plans and reports as needed throughout the process.
• Manage support staff effectively and delegate work as needed.
• Track budgets and process PO's related to specific campaigns.
• 10 years of experience in film and/or TV Marketing
• Relevant marketing team management experience with a major brand and/or marketing agency, consumer marketing, marketing communications and/or digital/high-technology consumer companies/products
• Experience leading the creative and media planning/buying process
• Bachelor's degree
• Possess strong decision making skills
• Ability to influence direction on department issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!