Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Amazon Studios team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. The Amazon Studios finance team is seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to provide financial planning & analysis support, analytics and liaising/supporting the Amazon Original Movies' business and finance team. This position involves financial analysis, forecasting, managing vendor receivables and payments and supporting ad hoc projects, and therefore a successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have exceptional finance skills and strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid analytical skills, and firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results.
She or he will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and have the ability to resolve day to day issues on a timely basis, developing a trusting relationship between finance/marketing teams through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of analyses. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work autonomously and drive cross-functional projects involving teams such as FP&A, Marketing, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Accounting and Business Development. The candidate will need to able to collaborate with business partners both domestically and internationally and must display strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business needs of senior-level executives.
This position will be based in Santa Monica, CA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing vendor relationships, analyzing and reviewing qualitative data and create meaningful reports to drive business improvement and monitor our financial performance to support our distribution teams
- Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly reporting to support planning, forecasting and reporting
- Creating financial models to analyze the performance of Amazon Original Movies. This will require developing robust analytical frameworks and also the ability to effectively collaborate with various teams throughout the organization to gather inputs and build reporting processes
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of systems to support the distribution teams.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business and/or similar field
- Prior experience in media and entertainment is a plus
- Highly analytical, detail orientated and a demonstrated strong sense of business management; proven ability to develop new ideas and ability to deliver solutions
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (ie SQL, Essbase and/or Cognos)
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, and drive projects to completion
- Experience with accounts receivable and understanding of best practices
- Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
- Ability to meet tight deadline, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast paced, dynamic, ever-growing environment
- Experience working with large data and developing scalable solutions for operational, financial reporting and forecasting
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management. Detail orientated a must
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter.