Financial Analyst - Studios
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon has spent nearly two decades revolutionizing the way we consume music, movies and entertainment-and now, the company is changing the way movies and TV shows are being made. Amazon Studios is the original film and series production arm of Amazon.com located in Santa Monica, CA. Known for its television series such as multi-Golden Globe winner Transparent, Annie-nominated Tumble Leaf, and Mozart in the Jungle, along with the recently announced Amazon Original Movies, Amazon Studios continues to be successful player in the entertainment industry.
Amazon Studios is looking for bar-raising financial accounting professionals who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a dynamic workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. Successful candidates will have exceptional accounting skills, knowledge of television and motion picture accounting, demonstrated analytical and tactical skills and solid business judgment. He or she will have worked successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to communicate business decisions through effective verbal and written communication, sound judgment, and the presentation of alternatives.
Candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 3 years of professional experience with financial reporting and internal control related responsibilities, will have worked for a big four public accounting firm or have experience working in a fast paced environment in an operational accounting role. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
• Supporting the accounting function for Amazon Studios for its television and motion picture activities.
• Ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and internal controls over financial reporting.
• Providing support for the accounting and monitoring of production, including production audits.
• Ensuring compliance with contracts including profit participations, residuals and royalties.
• Providing analytical support to the Studios Finance and Production Management team to assist with improving operational & financial results.
• Degree in accounting or related field with sufficient experience to sit for the CPA exam (a CPA license is not required for this position)
• 3 years of related experience
• Exposure to and a working knowledge of an Internal control framework (specifically COSO)
• Familiarity with GAAP research tools and the FASB codification
• CPA or equivalent
• Big 4 public accounting background
• Worked in a fast paced company similar to a high-tech start-up
• Has had exposure to operational accounting concepts of inventory, procurement, payables, receivables, and revenue
• Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
• Is naturally a very organizational individual
• Has an aptitude for information technology
• Excellent analytical skills
• Exposure to researching accounting conclusions, documenting support for conclusions reached
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!