Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for an experienced estimator to assist the Head of Production with creating and reviewing budgets for our original productions. Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Over the past 4 years, we have debuted award winning and ground-breaking programming (Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour). In 2018, we will continue to provide excellent shows and break new ground in the television and film industry.
The estimator will create and review budgets for Amazon Studios and third-party productions. The position will include working with Creative, Production, Post-Production, Legal, and Business Affairs.
You should have production management skills, understand the balance of budgets, studio goals and the creative process and you should have on-set experience with production problem-solving.
• Generates initial budget estimates for all live-action projects. Continually refine and update estimates through different phases of development and pre-production.
• Vet and reviews budgets that are submitted for our in-house productions and co-productions.
• Updates Amazon Studios with tax credits around the country and the world.
• Liase with Business Affairs and production counsel for creating/reviewing budgets.
• 10 years as Producer/Production Manager or the equivalent.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized and with great attention to detail.
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling and cost reports.
• Experience with Guild and Union Guidelines, especially WGA, DGA, SAG, Teamsters, IATSE.
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production and their effect on budgets.
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure and collaborative problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet