Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2016 6:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Corporate Counsel jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Corporate Counsel postings
Full Time Job
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
In this role, you will handle legal aspects of feature film and television (scripted or unscripted) development, production and distribution, to include structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements for above and below-the-line talent, other production related agreements, co-production agreements and distribution agreements. You will be responsible for all legal matters during the course of production, including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, guild issues, standards and practices review, and promotion and publicity issues. You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance.
• 5 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
• Willingness to transition to a new practice are Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
• Experience in television (scripted or unscripted) or feature film development and production is preferred but not required
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunities Employer.