Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
In this role, you will handle legal aspects of feature film and television (scripted or unscripted) development, production and distribution, to include structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements for above and below-the-line talent, other production related agreements, co-production agreements and distribution agreements. You will be responsible for all legal matters during the course of production, including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, guild issues, standards and practices review, and promotion and publicity issues. You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance.
• 5 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
• Willingness to transition to a new practice are Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
• Experience in television (scripted or unscripted) or feature film development and production is preferred but not required
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent and Mozart in the Jungle along with original hits like The Man in the High Castle, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Hand of God, Bosch, and Catastrophe . Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, and the Annecy, Annie, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf. Amazon Studios' first original movie, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq, premiered in theatres in 2015, with more coming soon.
Interested in learning more about how Amazon Studios is a pioneer in the space? Apply for more information!