Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for a clearance supervisor to support film and television projects.
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Over the past two years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming (Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour). In 2017 and beyond we will continue to provide excellent shows and break new ground in the television and film industry.
The Clearance Supervisor will oversee clearances for various Amazon Studios projects ranging anywhere (but not limited to) from documentaries and feature-length films on the film side to kids programming to episodic series on the television side.
You will be responsible for overseeing clearances for multiple productions including tracking clearances and clearance issues on a status report for the Studios and the production. You will liaise with production's clearance coordinator regarding any clearance and research issues, escalating up the chain when necessary.
You will also evaluate cuts (sometimes multiple cuts) of each show, call out any outstanding clearance items and follow up on the items until the status is satisfactory to Clearance and Legal.
This role will work directly with Production, Post Production, research companies, Legal, Production Legal, Marketing and the Clearance Manager.
• Liaise with production
• Oversee clearances for multiple Amazon projects ranging from kids, half-hour, one-hour, alternative and feature film projects
• Review scripts and research report and advise production on clearance issues
• Track clearance issues on a status report and assure all issues have been addressed before picture lock.
• Assist in licensing/registering items such as URLs, toll-free numbers, stock footage when necessary
• Liaise with production counsel on legal issues, escalating issues up to Legal when necessary
• Review cuts of episodes and provide clearance screening notes; Follow up on clearance issues until status is satisfactory to Studios
• Review cuts for standards and practices
• Review cuts for ratings and provide ratings for each episode to Post
• Assure all items such as footage, stills, artwork, other media for use as playback, set dressing, props, etc. has been properly licensed.
• Track advertising/publicity restrictions
• Track/approve obligatory credits (including thank you credits)
• Review marketing materials (trailers, promos, featurettes, bonus material, etc.) for clearance issues
• Possible travel to production to advise on clearances
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong research skills
• Organized with great attention to detail
• Minimum 3 years experience in a clearance administrator/supervisor role
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Excellent organization skills
• Experience working with post production