Art Director - Creative Services
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2017 4:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Art Director - Creative Services jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Art Director - Creative Services postings
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Anyone can upload a script online for Amazon Studios to review, and those who choose to make their projects public can also receive feedback from the Amazon Studios community.
Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like One Mississippi, Fleabag, The New Yorker Presents, Red Oaks, Bosch, Catastrophe and All or Nothing. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street, Wishenpoof, Just Add Magic, American Girl specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
We are seeking creative, talented and experienced Art Directors from the entertainment industry and advertising community to join our team to market the original programming distributed through Amazon Prime Video.
The position is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with Head of Creative, Senior Creative Directors, Creative team, Brand Strategists, Social Strategists, Synergy & Promotions team, Project Managers, Development executives and relevant stakeholders to ensure that all assets are developed and executed to appropriately and effectively represent the program, as well as meet our brand objectives.
• Elevate the creative output of any internal partner or agency/production company vendor to ensure that all assets meet our high level of creativity, innovation and brand association.
• Able to manage a project from start to finish: from sketches, to comps, to directing a photo shoot, to the development stage, to overseeing a retoucher, to collaborating with production in the pre-press process, to create a final product
• Able to take direction, work collaboratively and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with other art directors and writers
• Brainstorm impactful ideas relevant for show launches and Amazon brand.
• Articulate and sell ideas to larger group of peers as well as senior management.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the department and clients including preparing for presentations
• Assignments could range from a single-threaded team focused on one tent pole property to multiple assignments across Amazon Original Kids, scripted Drama, scripted Comedy and Unscripted series, as well as Brand.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the creative and technical process, stay current with contemporary trends in typography, photography and design; and maintain expert knowledge of current software
• Understanding of the 4-color printing process and ability to handle press checks
• Work closely with Project Managers in order to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Prioritize workload and manage multiple projects efficiently.
• Build and maintain positive relationships across the company. Leverage those relationships to develop creative assets that benefit all partners involved.
• Work closely with legal, finance and other relevant business teams to ensure timely and proper vetting, risk management and cost controls.
• Collaborate with global teams in other territories to ensure their creative needs are met in a way that best suits the marketplace.
• 3-5 years experience at design firm, studio, network or advertising agency.
• Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Film or comparable portfolio and experience
• Creative inventor and innovator with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in print, outdoor, social, digital, events and experiential that can effectively market entertainment content.
• 3D knowledge, Illustration and sketching ability a plus
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute national/international advertising for television series
• Strong MAC computer skills, including a thorough understanding of graphics applications (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign)
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
• An original thinker with innate design sense and style
• Must have a collaborative approach, the ability to work with others and to professionally represent the department at all
• A passion for the entertainment industry a must
• Always be learning, be curious and be positive.
• Possess strong decision making skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong creative and project management skills.
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to collaborate in team environment.
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects that are global in nature under extremely tight deadlines.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.