Intern - Movie Promotions Field Marketing
Allied Integrated MarketingNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Allied Integrated Marketing offers a unique college internship position in our Field Marketing division. Interns have the opportunity to see how marketing campaigns are developed and executed, and will learn about working in an agency environment with a focus on entertainment clients.
The College Intern Will:
• Participate in brainstorming alongside Allied's team of Account Executives, getting a feel for the kinds of promotional and publicity stunts and events that clients prefer;
• Learn how to develop a pitch, and have a chance to use those skills to communicate with college media, student organizations, and local businesses;
• Ideate and organize local-level events promoting client projects, such as themed bar nights, campus scavenger hunts, or Greek system activities;
• Gain event management experience by attending and assisting Allied staff at evening screenings or events;
• Gain experience with research tools such as Cision, TVEyes and Google, learning how to effectively identify target audiences for campaign messaging.
At the conclusion of the internship term, interns will submit one portfolio piece, prepared under the supervision of Allied staff. The subject can be whatever the intern chooses, but it should showcase what was learned over the course of the internship. Interns are encouraged to approach every project with an eye towards resume building and professional development.
• Must be at least 18 years of age upon internship start date
• Must be a legal U.S. resident
• Must be enrolled as a full time student in a college or graduate school program
• Excellent overall communication (phone, email, interpersonal, etc.) and writing (grammar, punctuation, etc.) skills
• Knowledge of New York City and the surrounding areas
• Flexible, resourceful and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing and growing environment
• Detail-oriented and creative
• Ability to manage and execute multiple projects with a sense of urgency while also maintaining priorities and focus
• Team-oriented and willing to help other staff with projects when necessary, but also possess the ability to work independently if needed
• Knowledge of social media including Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Tumblr etc. is a plus
• Outgoing personality and sense of humor highly desirable!
This is an unpaid internship position. You will not be compensated in any fashion. You will not receive wages, health insurance benefits, retirement benefits, or company property in exchange for your participation.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online