Video Transmissions & Livestreaming Operator
All Mobile Video Digital MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Transmission Operations Center is looking for an entry-level operator with video transmission and live streaming experience for a 40 hour work week, splitting hours between day and overnight shifts. We traffic feeds from around the world and are heavily involved in the live streaming space.
• Acquire, quality assure and monitor all live feeds on your shift. Prepare backup workflows in the event of primary path failure.
Troubleshoot any issues that may arise in a swift manner to keep a show on the air.
• Operate the facility's hardware and software to accomplish daily tasks.
• Coordinate with supervisors, other departments and clients to ensure understanding of your role in live events occurring on your shift.
• Participate in on-going training to comprehend as much as you can about the facility operations and our business.
• Quality Assure delivered audio/video assets and prep for on-air playback; prepare and deliver transcoded VOD files per client's specs.
• Preform satellite downlinks, dark video fiber acquisitions and setup Internet Protocol feeds.
• Log technical issues and report them to supervisors and engineering team.
• Field phone calls from clients and associated company's technical leads.
• Quality assure and prep image slates, bugs and other graphical deliverables for a live show.
• Configure and monitor livestreaming encoders and their subsequent stream outputs to ensure quality assurance.
• Degree in television broadcasting or equivalent
• A proven ability to manage a video related project from start to finish
• 1-2 years experience with video transmission operations hardware and software
• Comprehension of video formats; resolutions, framerates, etc. HD Vs SD.
• Familiarity with Los Angeles based and worldwide teleports, The Switch, etc.
• 1-2 years experience with livestreaming and live encoder setup/operation.
• Experience with networking/IT and IP video transmission.
Salary: Entry Level, based on experience Benefits provided after 60 day probationary period.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online