Senior Director, Marketing
ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
ASCAP is looking for a Senior Director of Marketing to join their dynamic team. This position leads ASCAP's advertising, event management and business initiatives within the Marketing & Communications department. The position will manage marketing initiatives from idea to implementation that will generate revenue and serve ASCAP members. The position manages all of ASCAP's paid media, solicits and negotiations partnerships and sponsorships with outside companies, manages all content for the ASCAP EXPO conference and creates communications and social strategy.
What are my main responsibilities?
• Project Management
• Manage major aspects of ASCAP Marketing programs and initiatives. Develop marketing support plans that cover the coordination, promotion, content and social media integration for major ASCAP events, including complete oversight of the ASCAP EXPO.
• Member Benefits
• Identify, negotiate and execute robust member benefit offerings to enhance revenue generation strategies.
• Paid Media
• Manage all of ASCAP's advertising or print, digital, social, events and other mediums - both the expenditure and the creative delivery.
• Sales Support
• Develop sales packages for ASCAP's event and conference for brands sponsorships. Pursue Business Development initiatives with targeted partners.
• Content / Editorial
• Oversee creation of content for ascap.com for EXPO and /or other key events and manage updating the content of key sections of the website.
• Digital / Social Marketing
• Ensure digital and social marketing strategies for key programs and events are executed and meet KPI goals. Analyze music industry trends that may impact ASCAP positioning.
• Ability to gather, analyze and present data on KPIs, member and customer behaviors and campaign results. Must have capacity for innovative thinking and ability to translate findings into actionable direction for changes to engagement strategies and communications.
How will my success be measured?
• ASCAP is a performance-based culture. You will be reviewed on your ability to work cross-functionally to achieve department and organizational goals
How do I know if I am qualified?
• Minimum of 8 years in the entertainment industry with at least 2 years in a media or partnerships role
• Minimum of 2 years of media planning or buying experience
• Event and Production expertise
• Digital and Social Marketing experience
• Music Industry experience and strong contacts preferred
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program