ASCAPNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Responsible for Royalty disbursements and reconciliations.
• Reconcile all Royalty related balance sheet accounts with the sub ledgers.
• Review of Capitalized advances for impairment.
• Ongoing review and maintenance of all tax-related data to ensure compliance with IRS regulations
• Review of the annual Royalty 1099 and 1042 process for accuracy and completeness
• Review of the annual foreign tax credit process
• Maintain and update the International Distribution Statements
• Assist with the administration of member-related bank and loan programs, direct deposit, positive pay and wires
• Liaison with Member Services/Membership and Distribution to ensure that all payment, tax and other Royalty-related issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Assist with the processing of all types of daily Royalty transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures as needed
• Liaison with Information Systems to bridge business issues and technology solutions.
• All other duties as assigned
• CPA Preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in accounting
• Working knowledge of accounting, tax reporting and compliance, escheatment and cash disbursement/banking requirements
• Functional knowledge of software applications and coordination with Information technology for solving business issues is required.
• Must possess strong communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP, 1099Pro and on-line banking software a plus
Besides providing a unique and dynamic work environment, there are a few other reasons you should consider ASCAP in your career planning. We also offer generous benefit options that are comprehensive and provide the flexibility that most employees want and need. These health care and financial plan options include the following:
• A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
• Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
• Generous time-off policy
• Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
• Long term disability insurance
• Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
• Employer paid retirement savings program