AFI Silver Theatre & Cultural CenterSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Office of the Director and to other AFI Silver department heads, as well as serving as the receptionist for the AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural Center.
• Receive, handle and direct all incoming calls, in a timely, effective and efficient manner.
• Greet visitors and guests, and handle the announcement and/or escort to the appropriate staff.
• Receive and respond to questions from the general public and members on the phone, in person and via email.
• Assist the Director with the tracking and management of all activities, including projects, programs and Institute initiatives.
• Maintain the Director's schedule to ensure meetings, events and travel are scheduled, and confirmed, including coordination with the AFI office in Los Angeles.
• Prepare, forward and reconcile the Director's expense reports and reimbursements.
• Draft correspondence, memorandums and other written materials for approval to execute final versions.
• Maintain the Director's files at the highest level of detail and efficiency.
• Provide administrative support to other AFI Silver department heads, as needed.
• Track patron comments/complaints and forward to appropriate staff.
• Record minutes for weekly Production & Marketing meeting and bi-weekly staff meeting and disseminate to staff via email.
• Log, notify and distribute all incoming mail and packages and maintain outgoing package schedule.
• Receive, document and temporarily store Lost and Found items; update and maintain theatre Lost and Found inventory record.
• Manage the fulfillment of community donation requests and gift certificate purchases.
• Monitor the AFI Silver website to ensure general information is current and accurate and alert appropriate staff when changes and/or updates are needed.
• Update and maintain the office calendar.
• Working with the Director, Adminstration and Operations, support the implementation of the internship and volunteer program.
• Maintain a clean and professional reception area.
•Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum three years administrative experience.
• Ability to present one's self in a courteous and professional manner.
• Experience within non-profit arts organizations preferred.
• Knowledge of theater and film festival operations, as well as a general interest in film helpful.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other business applications; familiarity with Mac OS desirable.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Knowledge of office equipment including fax machine, copier and postage machine.
• Outgoing team player with a good sense of camaraderie.
• Ability to deal gracefully with rapidly shifting priorities.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online