Vice President - Tax Counsel
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2016 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President - Tax Counsel jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President - Tax Counsel postings
Full Time Job
The Vice President – Tax Counsel will report to the Sr. Vice President of Tax and provide domestic and international tax research and planning in support of the development and implementation of tax strategies that operate to minimize the company's and partners' tax obligations.
• Conduct in-depth legal research and analysis of tax issues related to transactions, operations, transfer pricing, partner tax reporting, program tax accounting and other areas with domestic and global tax consequences to the company and its partners.
• Provide the department with technical tax analysis in all areas of tax research and planning with specific emphasis on A&E international expansion and other non-organic growth initiatives.
• Collaborate with other tax department personnel to develop and implement audit strategies, prepare supporting memoranda, responses, audit protests, and related documentation supporting financial statement and tax return positions.
• Coordinate with corporate treasury, human resources, payroll and legal/business affairs teams both in the US and abroad in response to inquiries as to tax consequences of specific transactions or business initiatives.
• Tax advice and structuring for strategic asset acquisitions, dispositions and reorganizations across all business segments, recognizing the planned international expansion and restructuring as well as the advent of the A E Studio operations.
• U.S. production tax incentive research and planning as it impacts A E Studio production entities including analysis of proper legal entity structuring necessary to secure such benefits.
• Strong analytical and tax technical abilities in both domestic and international tax areas.
• 6-8 years of relevant experience.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to liaise in a collaborative manner with both internal and external parties.
Strong international tax experience preferred.
Law firm with M&A tax experience.
Educational Requirements Law Degree
LLM graduate degree in Taxation preferred Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans