Vice President - Tax Compliance/Audit
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Tax Compliance/Audit will report to the Sr. Vice President of Tax and will be involved in all areas of the AETN Corporate Tax Department including compliance and reporting, governmental audits and tax planning, for both domestic and international operations.
• Act as a liaison to the company's independent accounting firm to coordinate the preparation and filing of income tax returns, including federal, state and local and foreign tax returns.
• Review the company's statutory and regulatory tax filing requirements.
• Manage the preparation of tax projections and payment of quarterly tax estimates.
• Establish effective internal processes around the tax compliance and reporting function, including data gathering and recordkeeping.
Federal and State Tax Audits
• Manage federal and state governmental tax audits which include effective and timely responses to information requests.
• Effectively negotiate and consider settlement opportunities as well as determine appropriate tax reserves for potential exposure.
Tax Accounting, Financial Reporting and Administration
• Ensure that the company is adhering to generally accepted accounting principles and other authoritative guidance applicable to it by using internal resources and outside advisors in an efficient manner.
• Direct the preparation and ensure the accuracy of the company's tax provisions and direct the maintenance and reconciliation of the company's tax accounts, including the determination of appropriate tax reserves pursuant to ASC 740 and FAS 5.
• Coordinate with Tax Counsel in evaluating significant transactions in which the company enters into or contemplates.
• Keep current with respect to changes in tax statutes and regulations; along with the Tax Counsel coordinate the research and evaluation of the impact of these changes on the company's operations, specifically the tax return reporting position.
• Work closely with Sr. VP – Tax and management to provide analysis and options to improve tax compliance efficiency related to the business and new investments.
Development of Tax Staff
• Effectively manage the development and growth of tax department with view towards building and maintaining a responsive and technically proficient team.
• Provide consistent and directed feedback and consider workload in balancing departmental requirements
• Strong analytical and tax technical abilities in both domestic and international tax areas.
• 8-12 years of relevant experience.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to liaise in a collaborative manner with both internal and external parties.
• CPA or Graduate degree in Taxation preferred.
• Background in partnership taxation preferred.
• Big 4 accounting firm and media/entertainment industry experience preferred.
Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Finance. Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.