VP Of Publicity, Lifetime
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Lifetime and sister network Lifetime Movies is seeking a dynamic, seasoned professional to lead and manage the consumer publicity efforts of the communications team and oversee and guide the publicity strategy for the channel's slate of programming ranging from scripted series, unscripted series, movies and specials. The position will also work with the trade press in the positioning of the network.
Specifically, the VP of Publicity, Lifetime will:
• Manage a bicoastal team of publicists while driving innovation, positioning and results to maximize exposure for all Lifetime projects and priorities.
• Manage publicity efforts for high-profile projects.
• Lead all talent relations efforts, event management and activations for Lifetime projects.
• Create and execute communications systems for optimum awareness, internally and externally.
• Oversee awards strategy and submissions for the brand.
• Help manage the budget for the department.
• Must have at minimum of 10 years of experience in entertainment publicity, preferably in television.
• Prior experience managing a team and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• Strong contacts and excellent relationships with key media and influencers across consumer and trade press in print, digital, and broadcast platforms.
• Ability to help shape the narrative for a dynamic, multiplatform brand.
• Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and history drafting speeches/remarks for senior management, as well as briefing documents and releases.
• A track record of rolling out creative and innovative communications campaigns.
• Ability to lead a team and work cross-functionally across different company divisions and with outside partners.
• Autonomously develops press opportunities and often works with sensitive and confidential matters.
Educational Requirements BA/BS Degree Other Skills and Knowledge The ideal candidate is a fast-moving, strategic thinker with extensive media relations, prior experience managing a team, and the ability to collaborate across the company. The position requires a big-picture mindset and history of proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives and creativity in using new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally. This position must deal with crisis communications and will be a senior leader in the department in making major decisions. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Publicity and Public Affairs in Los Angeles. Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans