VP Non-Fiction Programming, Lifetime
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/22/2016 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP Non-Fiction Programming, Lifetime jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP Non-Fiction Programming, Lifetime postings
Full Time Job
The VP of Non-Fiction Programming at Lifetime will be responsible for the development and production of non-fiction series & specials for Lifetime, from conception and deal-making to pilot to production supervision and delivery. This position will be an active contributor to overall Lifetime non-fiction programming strategy. Specifically this position will:
• Develop new non-fiction series and specials for Lifetime. This would include meeting with and taking pitches from key and potential producers to discuss projects.
• Develop content of contemporary non-fiction programming to meet the changing viewership demands.
• Maintain high degree of knowledge of current events and trends and discusses with staff and producers.
• Keep Lifetime non-fiction series on the forefront of non-fiction entertainment, both in ratings and reputation.
• Evaluate current schedule and develop alternative programming to improve the performance of that schedule with an emphasis on rating goals.
• At times may have hands on responsibilities as Executive Producer for assigned projects.
• Supervise production of non-fiction programs and series; reviews and approves outlines, scripts, rough cuts, budgets and post-production
• Be responsible for streamlining and disseminating information amongst programming, marketing, PR and other internal partners.
• Represent the network at industry or professional groups, meetings and events.
• Manage a team of programmers, as well as outside producers;
Qualification Requirements A minimum of 10 years' experience at a network, syndicated, major market local station, production company or equivalent organization, working on news, documentary or reality programming. We are seeking someone with in-depth knowledge of long-form non-fiction programming with strong ratings performance a proven track record in developing successful series and working knowledge of production techniques and procedures, and legal issues. Position requires experience in supervising and/or field production of reality-based programs with proven storytelling, writing and editorial abilities.
#LI-Post Educational Requirements The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university.