VP, International Research Insights
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Oversee all International research activities to:
• Partner with Marketing to help define/position our global brands and track brand health, using traditional and emerging data sets
• Drive incremental content sales through research-driven/informed pitches to program buyers globally
• To provide greater strategic research and tactical support to International Channel Partners, A E Networks regional offices and GM's to drive greater ad sales, channel distribution
• Closely co-ordinate with US domestic research colleagues to provide strategic ratings insights and analysis
• Help cultivate new business opportunities, including SVOD launches, Free-to-air opportunities, etc
• Oversee int'l research, ensuring cohesive trending of performance and brand health of our networks; Work closely with marketing on understanding our global audience, defining brand positions and uncovering opportunities (white spaces) for both brand, content, and data (linear, digital/non-linear, emerging analytics)
• Work with Int'l Programming and local JV's on schedule analysis to drive ratings growth, conducting quarterly or bi-annual JV programming and marketing review meetings
• Research broadcaster's schedules in territories worldwide/secure information from third party on demographics and performance of programming - directed by Managing Director, Content Distribution and Commercial Development and/or relevant program sales executives
• Work with regional GM's to help build research rationale for new channel launches in new and existing markets, i.e. channel mapping, programme testing, brand and positioning testing
• Research broadcaster's schedules for specific programmes sold by A E Networks for information on advertising sales revenues, build rationale for increased programme sales fees
• Gather any and all information that will allow a sales person to gain competitive advantage and allow them to sell even more effectively into any territory worldwide. Compile market overviews and competitor analysis. Gather A E Networks program performance from the regions to enhance sales pitches from the individual regions.
• Research information on new broadcasters, platforms and media worldwide, new programming trends within TV as required on a territory per territory basis. The position must seek to understand the needs of audiences (B2C) and business partners (B2B) as well as being aware of trends in the industry and market place, and changes in (media delivery) technology
• Gather information and analyze specific programme performance on A E Networks channels, working closely with US domestic colleagues to disseminate key US learnings and success
• Work with research managers at local JV to support ad sales strategies for global, pan regional and local ad sales revenue generation
Experience working in International markets would be a distinct advantage
Knowledge of a wide array of data sets (both traditional and emerging)
Strong analytical skills
Self starter, can do attitude
Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree minimum Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.