A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/26/2016 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Editorial jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Editorial postings
Full Time Job
This isn't your typical TV network digital job. A E Networks not only produces digital content in support of its shows and movies, but also across a wide variety of historical, cultural and lifestyle topics. We reach more than 30 million unique visitors per month across platforms, but we believe there's more upside so we're seeking a creative soul with business acumen to take our content to the next level.
This newly created position will oversee digital editorial operations for A E Networks' brands – including History, Lifetime, A&E, FYI and Bio – setting the long-term strategy to produce relevant and engaging content that goes far beyond linear television programming.
The VP will articulate and implement a compelling vision for our content while also managing calendars, assigning stories, editing, and creating incredible content experiences across formats. You will also seek out dynamic storytellers and leverage a team of staff and freelance writers, multimedia producers, and photographers to create differentiated voices for each brand.
You will work closely with the Digital product, design and tech teams, and with 45th & Dean, A E's new video production studio, and the social media team to ensure coordination across all of our content.
The position reports to the EVP, Digital Media, and will manage approximately 15 people.
What we're looking for:
• A passionate storyteller with an inborn desire to create the best content experiences for audiences.
• Extensive online editorial experience at a newspaper, magazine or digitally native content company; TV experience is welcome, but may not be the best predictor of success for this job.
• A manager with a rolodex – well, iPhone contacts list – of great talent who can assemble a team of staff and freelancers.
• Someone extremely savvy about social media platforms who can work with the existing teams to delight current fans and reach new ones.
• Someone equally savvy about how video content plays into his/her vision and can work with 45th and Dean to make that a reality.
• A keen understanding of how content choices impact products, and the chops to work with our Product and Tech teams to find solutions that work for the consumer.
• A track record of using content and content channels (social, email, etc.) to acquire audiences.
• Success using photography, infographics, animations and other visualizations to tell stories.
• Charisma and interpersonal savvy to work with Marketing, Programming, Sales and other departments within the company; success in this job will require showing how your content vision helps multiple departments succeed at their goals.
• At least 7 years' experience in digital editorial roles
• Experience managing content teams of at least 7-10 people
• Experience launching new digital platforms or products
• Demonstrated success growing audience for an owned and operated property
• Experience managing budgets
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans