VP, Content Insights
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A E Networks new Insights Group has several opportunities for talented candidates who bring passion and an entrepreneurial spirit to the world of research. We're looking for extraordinary individuals who thrive in team environments, who love being constantly challenged and who can continually create and reinvent stories that bring information to life, providing actionable insights to help grow the A E business.
Summary of Position
Television content expert who can lead the charge in providing a comprehensive view of the landscape, both historical and current. Essential that candidate has a firm grip of programming trends, and a deep understanding of formats both in the US and Internationally. Candidate must be able to link content choices and popularity to consumer mindsets and sociological influences, aided by a dynamic team that will fuel analyses that guide internal stakeholders and ultimately drive business decisions regarding content development and marketing strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Spearhead studies that link popularity of programs and genres to appealing to specific segments of the population, one's life-stage, and an individual's mind-set.
• Frame what dynamics makes content endure over time, gain quick popularity, or fail entirely.
• Understand why specific content pieces appeal to particular demographic groups.
• Provide thorough analyses of television genres, going deep within each in order to uncover 'diamond in the rough' insights.
• Strategic-thinker with a strong understanding of how content can be used as an effective marketing tool across various mediums and platforms.
• Experience leveraging social media communication channels to provide a compelling and inspired sense of an organization's mission to a broad range of audiences.
• Take a comprehensive view of consumer tastes across a variety of entertainment choices, linking popularity of books, movies, podcasts to potential content exploration.
Qualification Requirements Qualified Candidates:
• Bachelor's degree; masters or graduate degree highly desirable. Media, Communications, Entertainment degree preferred.
• Possess a mix of creative and technical writing and presentation skills
• Highly collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
• Have a strong proficiency in time management and organization, with a high level of detail orientation
• Handles multiple competing priorities
• Energetic, highly motivated, and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Hyper-organized, detail-oriented and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks
• Creative, out of the box thinker who possesses an entrepreneurial spirit; gets excited about building and creating
• Have a sense of urgency, a results orientation, and a demonstrated ability to produce
• Possess a solid understanding of qualitative research procedures (e.g. ethnography, focus groups).
• Sound quantitative background, including questionnaire development and design, statistical analytics, modeling, and segmentation experience.
• Strong communication and presentation skills; must excel at narrative development, having a holistic perspective, providing concise/actionable insights, and translating insights to a non-research audience.
• Possesses strong problem solving skills with the ability to explain the logic behind their solutions in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling, easy to understand manner.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans