VP, Brand Strategy and Consumer Marketing
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2016 10:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Brand Strategy and Consumer Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Brand Strategy and Consumer Marketing postings
Full Time Job
VP of Brand Strategy and Consumer Marketing acts as a communication hub for the entire marketing department, as well as external teams that work with the brand. They are the steward for the brand to external departments within A E, ensuring that all who touch the network understand the brand and are well informed on audience, programming, strategy, insights and upcoming initiatives.
The VP is also the architect of consumer facing campaigns outside the social space. As such, they oversee paid media spend and promotional activations. This requires the VP to manage a team of individuals internally, as well as the budget, suggesting what brand initiatives and shows get support and where the dollars should be spent on those campaigns. This also requires the VP to have a close and productive working relationship with their agencies – understanding how to get best and most focused ideas on any given campaign.
Finally, the VP continuously mines for and surfaces insights to the marketing team at large to help refine strategy, campaign ideas, creative ideas and media and budget allocations. They understand the marketplace, have excellent knowledge of vendors and agencies and constantly push to refine process for the best results.
Examples of day-to-day workflow for the VP and his/her team in each area:
Brand knowledge and communication:
• Works with programming team to understand series and development pipeline, as well as provide constructive feedback to make pipeline stronger.
• Sits with scheduling regularly to understand strategy and to coordinate initiatives
• Works seamlessly with research to understand audience, top shows and means of viewing as well as other important data in order to craft insights for various internal teams
• Works seamlessly with VP, Brand Strategy, to coordinate one sheet & brief process – managing workflow and timeline to distribute to external teams and partners as well as inputs around different areas Brand Strategy should consider
• Works with digital, affiliate, press, ad sales and international to ensure each has strong knowledge of brand, audience & priorities in addition to understanding what they might help contribute in support of these priorities
• Works with SVP & VP, Brand Strategy to influence and guide brand language related work; from language to positioning and filters
Media & Promotion Management:
• Oversees budget and provides suggestions for priority shows & budget allocation
• Coordinates brainstorms and strategy sessions around key programming with internal teams and agencies
• Manages relationships with various agencies like Horizon and Civic and oversees recommendation and implementation process around various campaigns
• Works with internal teams (inside of marketing and outside) to make sure we (and they) are maximizing their assets in promotion of a show
Optimization, Knowledge & Reporting:
• Works as an extension of research to understand any and all current viewer trends and reports findings to marketing team at large as well as all external departments
• Condenses information from media agency and social team on campaign performance to help refine brand and campaign strategy and creative daily
• Regularly meets with vendors to understand value proposition each brings and chases new and emerging platforms within the space to understand how they might help the brand
• Keeps tabs on competitive within the market to report on effective tactics, new trends and unusual business models
Qualification Requirements Team Management & Relationships: The expectation is that the VP will pro-actively manage a team of 4-5 and work to develop talent within that team. It is also expected that this individual, will work cooperatively with internal marketing teams (social, brand creative, on air promos) and external teams to develop best possible work on brand. Willingness to collaborate and good communication skills are a must. Strength of conviction and ability to politely object and talk thru also imperative.
Finally, the VP must be a strategic thought leader with knowledge of industry and passion for content. This individual must be both hard working, and relentlessly positive around the tasks at hand. Company Overview: At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.