VP, Audience Science
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for leading, developing and managing all aspects of activating and reporting upon A E Networks defined Marketing Targets. This multi-faceting role includes sizing audience opportunities, providing a comprehensive view of behavior per target across platforms and on social media, and a keen and in-depth knowledge of linear and digital analytics. Knowledge of television content landscape – both historical and present - is paramount. Ultimately this candidate will have the skills to translate complexity into exciting and actionable direction and insights.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Create an infrastructure for implementing data-led insights to guide Marketing and Insights team (e.g. audience sizing, program and genre duplication, advanced targeting).
• Manage the overarching series marketing strategy across all platforms. Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders in order to best assess objectives and tactics.
• Deliver narratives using syndicated databases, while simultaneously tapping into primary and custom research in order to create a holistic view.
• Proficient at measurement and impact methodologies specific to linear. Must also be proficient on cross-platform practices and methodologies.
• Project Management skills are essential. Candidate must be a self-starter who takes ownership over projects from inception to dissemination.
• Detail oriented with ability to scale and move quickly to drive action and results.
• Build and enhances key relationships with internal contacts. Manage and guide external relationships with research firms and providers of data.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and technology usage.
• Assure that research reporting is consistent, clear, accurate, relevant, and timely.
• Have superior analytic skills and ability to work with and condense big sets of data.
• Deep understanding of media planning and buying, especially around data driven marketing.
• Strong understanding of cross-platform audience research, measurement tools and analytics.
• A successful track record of building relationships and driving business at television networks.
• Intimate knowledge of the media industry, particularly across the television landscape.
• Understanding of social media listening tools in the marketplace.
• Expertise in interpreting data. Despite living and breathing data-led projects, individual must be able to translate statistics into insights – no ''data dumps''. Be prepared to walk into any room with a solid POV and recommendation.
• Experience working with data visualization software to prepare research slides for presentations.
• Proven ability to meet or exceed aggressive deadlines and manage and prioritize a high volume of projects simultaneously.
Educational Requirements • 10-15 years of linear, digital consumer research experience and relevant
• Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable.
Communications, media, marketing or mathematics degree preferred.
• Experience with linear and digital performance research, strong
knowledge of Nielsen and related software systems required i.e.:
Nielsen Suite (e.g. NPower, Arianna, Star Trak), MRI, MRI Fusion. Other Skills and Knowledge • Able to read and interpret comScore reporting and be familiar with digital
metrics including Adobe.
• Possess a solid understanding of the research procedures, concepts and
capabilities; intermediate statistical analysis and demonstrated
experience in application.
• Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, Pivot Tables
and Macros is a plus.
• Possesses strong problem solving skills with the ability to explain the
logic behind their solutions in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to
present insights and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling,
easy to understand manner.
• Demonstrated success in and enjoys working in an entrepreneurial
• Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking skills.
• Self-motivated and proactive with incredible attention to detail. Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans