Sr. Manager, Ad Sales Systems Support
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Manager, Ad Sales Systems Support will be responsible for application support, analyzing and documenting, user requirements, procedures, problem solving and project management efforts to offer new solutions, enhancements & to provide production support to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated business applications for the Ad Sales teams. This role will work closely with the Ad Sales Management, Commercial Operations, Revenue Management, Pricing & Planning & internal Software Development, Infrastructure & Project Management team in providing system solutions for Ad Sales and Traffic.
• Gathers & manage business requirements analysis through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
• Provides analysis of business requirements, processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology, development of new systems or enhancements to existing systems and/or integration solutions can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
• Understands the functions and processes provided by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
• Provides detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Documents detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplements use cases with real world scenarios.
• Provides mock-ups of user interface. Leads design discussions and identifies design options.
• Develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
• Provides user documentation for the system. Creates curriculum and provide classes for user training.
• Ensures requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
• Work closely with development team in application support of current systems. This involves multiple 3rd party systems & in-house applications along with several interfaces
• Work with 3rd party product vendors, internal teams & infrastructures to identify root cause, provide fixes, workaround & ongoing maintenance & enhancemnts to Ad Sales applications
• Ensure that repeat defects, break fixes are minimized & focus on analysis of issues and provide recommendation for avoiding common defects.
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation
• Regular status reporting, including but not limited to project & support status, to IT leadership and business stakeholders.
• Alerts manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
• Manage vendors and consultants in providing application support to the current systems
• Detailed resource planning, allocation & forecasting. Ensure consistent processes for support & development including time tracking, task allocation, backup & succession planning, training and mentoring
• Create development plans for staff to align with organizational & departmental vision
• Build a high performing team, foster open communication, transparency, highest level of integrity, trust & collaboration within & across the departments
• 5 years of IT Business Analysis and 1-2 years of Project Management experience with at least 3 years in IT management role.
• Knowledge of Ad Sales & Trafficking operations within the Broadcast/Cable industry, understanding of inventory management, pricing, estimates, planning, sales, traffic and stewardship
• Experience with Gabriel, Invision, Sintec, WideOrbit or other Ad Sales Systems
• Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional business and technical teams
• Excellent understanding of project management principles and experience in managing multiple projects
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels
• Highest level of ownership, accountability & integrity
• Knowledge of SQL
• Exhibits, models & promotes 7 pillars & vision of the IT team
• Able to build a high-performing team through collaboration, mentoring and coaching.
• Being able to question, evaluate and make decision on technology platform
• Ability to take an underserved area from a technological needs and come up with a plan to build a toolset
• Vendor management skills including negotiations, contract review, pricing and invoicing.
• Understanding of Business Intelligence related Reporting Tools, Visualization, Analytics, Dashboards, KPIs, Scorecards, Modeling and Predictive Analysis through tools and technologies such as Microsoft Business Intelligence.
• Experience working with Nielsen, Arbitron, and other industry research sources a plus.
• Knowledge of Digital Ad Sales Systems & Ad Serving.
Educational Requirements Undergraduate degree Other Skills and Knowledge MO-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.