Sr. Director, Software Development & DevOps
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/9/2017 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Sr. Director, Software Development & DevOps jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Director, Software Development & DevOps postings
Full Time Job
Key senior technology leader responsible for all aspects of software product development & establishment of DevOps process including architecture, design, development, coaching, mentoring, DevOps evangelism & partnership across various technology departments.
This is a hands-on senior technologist role with responsibilities spanning across new development & operational technology support for all of global A E technology applications & products.
• Establish & lead DevOps practice within technology including organizational design, process, workflow, training, education & adoption.
• Key hands-on technology leader with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of software development including architecture, design, agile & waterfall development, automation, release & configuration management.
• Collaborate with PMO, Infrastructure & QA organizations along with rest of the application & product teams to play a critical leadership role in moving existing workloads & leading new development to cloud
• Establish & lead a strong operational backbone including establishing processes around metrics driven application support model
• Provide estimation, timeline & cost inputs for budgets working in collaboration with vertical business system leaders
• Management of senior technologists including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring, development plan.
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation. Regular status reporting including but not limited to budget, project & support status, resources to the head of PPAS & other executives
• 10 Years of hands on experience as a senior technology leader leading software development, application & product development using latest technologies
• Strong experience in .Net, Java, Relational databases, SOA, Web services, Micro services, Object oriented programing languages
• 3 years of experience in leading, establishing & managing DevOps, CI/CD, automation, scripting
• Strong experience in Amazon Web Services, Experience with Chef/Puppet, Terraform or similar tools. CI/CD & automation tools
• Strong background in software architecture & design
• At least 10 years of leadership experience as a senior technologist leading architects, technical managers, and technical developers
• Experience establishing & operating a metrics driven function across a large team
• Strong communication, collaboration skills to work across different teams
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans