Sr. Director, Software Development & DevOps
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Key senior technology leader responsible for all aspects of software product development & establishment of DevOps process including architecture, design, development, coaching, mentoring, DevOps evangelism & partnership across various technology departments.
This is a hands-on senior technologist role with responsibilities spanning across new development & operational technology support for all of global A E technology applications & products.
• Establish & lead DevOps practice within technology including organizational design, process, workflow, training, education & adoption.
• Key hands-on technology leader with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of software development including architecture, design, agile & waterfall development, automation, release & configuration management.
• Collaborate with PMO, Infrastructure & QA organizations along with rest of the application & product teams to play a critical leadership role in moving existing workloads & leading new development to cloud
• Establish & lead a strong operational backbone including establishing processes around metrics driven application support model
• Provide estimation, timeline & cost inputs for budgets working in collaboration with vertical business system leaders
• Management of senior technologists including goal setting, performance management, coaching, mentoring, development plan.
• Ensure that programs, initiatives & projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Manage risks appropriately & plan proactive mitigation. Regular status reporting including but not limited to budget, project & support status, resources to the head of PPAS & other executives
• 10 Years of hands on experience as a senior technology leader leading software development, application & product development using latest technologies
• Strong experience in .Net, Java, Relational databases, SOA, Web services, Micro services, Object oriented programing languages
• 3 years of experience in leading, establishing & managing DevOps, CI/CD, automation, scripting
• Strong experience in Amazon Web Services, Experience with Chef/Puppet, Terraform or similar tools. CI/CD & automation tools
• Strong background in software architecture & design
• At least 10 years of leadership experience as a senior technologist leading architects, technical managers, and technical developers
• Experience establishing & operating a metrics driven function across a large team
• Strong communication, collaboration skills to work across different teams
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.