Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Cyber Security Engineer is an advisor on best practices and is responsible for designing and implementing enterprise security solutions and processes. This includes a variety of domains including malware protection and detection, log analytics, authentication, application security, configuration and vulnerability management, and incident response. A primary focus area will also be cloud computing, as the company is aggressively moving to an infrastructure as a service model. The position interacts and provides guidance to the Managed Security Service Provider, internal technology product owners, and all members of the infrastructure engineering and operations teams.
Design, Implementation and Support:
• Manage relationship with, and provide guidance to, the engineering arm of the Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP).
• Manage the life cycle of various security technologies, including maintenance, upgrades, enhancements, and optimization. Ensure the MSSP is meeting its SLAs as they pertain to systems maintenance and upgrades.
• Consult with senior engineers, data architects, and developers to ensure effective security is achieved throughout the SDLC.
• Evaluate security technologies to replace current solutions, or add to the security service catalog. This includes market research, vendor coordination, proof of concept testing, and documenting results and recommendations.
• Architect and coordinate choice of security technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment.
• Develop and implement security frameworks, product roadmaps, and reference architectures.
• Create and maintain enterprise security standards applicable to all technologies in the IT portfolio.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure and application architects and engineers to ensure successful implementation of security strategies, and alignment to the overall technology strategy.
• Act as a key strategic advisor to the IT Leadership Team, and other key stakeholders regarding security initiatives, risk mitigation, and compliance.
• Act as the lead for Incident Response, as well as level 3 and level 4 support for security incidents.
• Use strong critical thinking and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with IT business processes, security operations, and technology projects.
Technology Responsibility & Oversight:
• Assist to formulating the multi-year security strategy and roadmap.
• Develop and own security technologies for cloud computing platforms, specifically AWS and other SAAS, IAAS, and PAAS platforms.
• Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements, conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments, identifying integration issues, and preparing cost estimates.
• Evaluate and report to approved projects and initiatives by evaluating network and security technologies, developing requirements for networked systems and firewall policy, and other related technologies, while adhering to industry standards.
• Verify and monitor Cybersecurity and information Security controls to ensure processes are mature and capable of supporting A E security objectives.
• Report to IT Management on security gaps, issues, failures or concerns of established application or infrastructure frameworks and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems.
• Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures, conducting incident response analyses.
• Develop and conduct security training and awareness programs.
• Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, including recommendations.
• Assist in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
• Ensure adherence to protocols for 24x7x365 response and notifications for alarms, emergencies, or critical incidents.
• Participate in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, products, and services.
• Facilitate comprehensive and consistent communications, for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Experience with various network and host-based analysis tools such as CarbonBlack, FireEye, Cyphort, McAfee EPO, Wireshark, etc.
• Deep understanding of IDS/IPS such as Sourcefire.
• Deep understanding of Proxy technologies like BlueCoat or Zscaler.
• Experience with Authentication platforms like Okta or Ping Federate.
• Working knowledge of email security products such as Microsoft EOP and Proofpoint.
• Demonstrated experience in vulnerability management, and tools such as Qualys and Nessus.
• Ability to review and interpret OS system logs and Network packet captures.
• Knowledge of event correlation systems like Splunk, to diagnose and manage security events within the firm.
• Experience designing security solutions for SaaS (client facing) and IAAS (AWS, AZURE, etc.) platforms.
• 10 plus years in IT Security, with 3 or more years in an engineering or architectural role.
• 2 years' experience with SIEM solutions.
• Strong technical competence and aptitude.
• 4 years in a global organization with global experience
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Critical thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
• Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
• Works with other IT teams for continuous improvement of the overall IT organization.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Strong networking skills
• Experience with SSO, ADFS, LDAP, SAML desired.
• Experience working with B2E, B2B, and B2C applications teams.
• Experience working with SDN, SDDC, and other cloud and virtualization technologies.
• Experience with firewall technologies like Cisco ASA and Palo Alto.
• Experience with the design and integration of secure networks including like multi-site network designs, and Zero-trust networks
• Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications.
• Be subject matter expert in multiple security subject areas
• Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
• Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates ability to work both as an individual contributor and in a team environment. Demonstrate experience handling multiple work-streams simultaneously.
Educational Requirements BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Info. Security or Engineering required, or equivalent work experience.
CISSP/CASP/CSSLP Certified Information Systems Security Professional (ISC2) is preferred.
ITIL v3/2011 or CSSGB Certification a preferred plus
CISA/CISM Certification a plus Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.