Senior Tax Associate
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you a Senior Tax Associate looking for an exciting opportunity in the media industry? If you have experience managing tax compliance and reporting, including preparation of filings and calculations for both income and non-income tax liabilities, then this is the role for you. In this position you will be directly responsible for the company's non-income tax compliance and reporting and will assist in A E Networks income tax compliance and reporting.
• Preparation of the compliance/filings and book accounting/reconciliation for the various domestic and foreign non-income/indirect tax liability. Duties involve research and filings relating to production tax incentives and credits, property tax, sales tax, VAT, franchise tax, as well as annual reports and all other tax returns fulfilling the governmental filing obligations of the company.
• Assist in the preparation of the compliance/filings and book accounting/reconciliation for the company's income tax liability. Duties involve collection and preparation of the various work papers and source documents required for the income tax compliance, such as the tax trial balance, book-tax differences, fixed asset roll forward, and apportionment.
• Provide IRS and state/local support in terms of gathering information and responding to information document requests. Meet with auditors for purposes of providing such information so that audits are closed in most favorable terms to the company.
• Assist in implementing and managing improvements to tax department processes, such as scanning/paperless filing initiatives, work paper templates, and coordination with other departments.
• Assist in AP invoicing and check approval process through AP software, and timely mailing and tracking/recordkeeping of various tax filings.
• Work with IT Group to generate reports specifically customized to tax department needs in support of tax filings or jurisdictional audits. Examples include subscriber count by state or revenue by customer corporate headquarters.
• 4-8 years' experience with both non-income tax and income tax filing and reporting
• Strong proficiency with MS Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills. Limited managerial responsibility
Educational Requirements BA – Preferably Finance or Accounting Major Company Overview: A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.