Senior Network Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the overall integrity our Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Wireless Networks. The Senior Network Engineer is also responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related network infrastructure in accordance with corporate and security standards.
The Senior Network Engineer will help solve problems related to media content and data distribution, maintain and enhance network stability, drive automation to shorten our deployment cycle. The Senior Network Engineer will contribute to the planning and implementation of the network infrastructure within the data centers and AWS Cloud. The Senior Network Engineer must understand switching, routing, firewall, load balancer technologies, and related protocols and come up with new ways to improve operational efficiency. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting network related issues both on-site and remotely. The Senior Network Engineer supports acquisition of network hardware, software and subcontractor services as needed.
The Senior Network Engineer will also interact with vendors to resolve software/hardware related issues. Technology and product knowledge of various vendor platforms both from the standpoint of network and network security are essential to the role.
Senior Network Engineering:
• Provide high-level / detailed consultative solutions and technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions
• Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Engineer and deploy appropriate network solutions for data center facilities
• Identify technology gaps, develop and implement appropriate solutions collaboratively with various business and IT stakeholders
• Create formal guidelines, policies, and standard operating procedures to ensure operational readiness
• Maintain high availability and performance of the data center networks using various network monitoring tools including packet capture analysis
• Participate in capacity planning activities and identify areas for improvements in managing network resources and inventory
• Develop procedures for automating specific activities around repetitive deployment/provisioning tasks and implement scalability plan for all services including related cloud operability
• Play a central role in ongoing network design, as our rapid growth calls for constant reevaluation, and optimization
• Support corporate IT needs through remote host-based systems
• Perform daily network monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement
Collaboration and Partnership:
• Verify and monitor Network environments and controls to ensure processes are mature and capable of supporting our connectivity objectives and best practice design
• Report on gaps, issues, failures or concerns of established network infrastructure frameworks and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems
• Maintain Network environments by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures.
• Work with technical teams and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems; including but not limited to corporate datacenters, public, private, and hybrid cloud designs.
• Liaise with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of connectivity solutions with existing IT systems.
• Provide subject matter expertise in deployment and operations for the IT community.
• Research, experiment with, and inform on network related emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
• Participate in on-call duty alongside other team members.
• Playing an important role in improving the team's technical depth and efficiency.
• Ensure successful completion of projects on time and operational stability.
• Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
Qualification Requirements Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools.
Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching and/or Wireless Networking.
Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist certification (IMINS2) or equivalent experience.
Experience with a variety of networking hardware vendors including but not limited to Netscaler, Radware and Cisco.
The ability to quickly and thoroughly diagnose and resolve issues within the company's network.
Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
An understanding of network management, network security, SNMP and Radius
Experience working collaboratively with Senior Network Engineers, Systems software developers and Administrators
Working experience with firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies
Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack
7 years of experience with global network deployments in an enterprise or service provider setting
Expert experience with low-level networking constructs such routing protocols or network overlay implementations
Knowledge of Cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform services etc.
5 years of engineering, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed network solutions (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
Strong technical competence and aptitude.
Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Familiarity working with AGILE methodology a plus
Experience with AWS and/or Azure Cloud Platform a plus
Working knowledge of AWS Direct Connect or Cloud Exchange providers a plus
Working knowledge of AWS VPCs (Virtual Private Cloud) extendable networks a plus
Programming experience in network automation, and performance management a plus
Knowledge of best practices and IT operations and security particularly based on NIST RMF (SP800-53 security controls) and FedRAMP requirements a plus
Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications
Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
Educational Requirements BS or higher level degree in Computer science or related disciplines required, or equivalent work experience. Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.