Quality Control Technician- project
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Quality Control Technician- Production
This Technician will be responsible for the quality control of A E Networks television programs for audio and video quality. It involves the operation of MediaFlex. This Technician must be proficient in reading waveform monitors, vectorscopes and audio meters.
• Evaluate show/movie air masters for technical quality, standards & practices, grammar, spelling and closed caption accuracy. Operate MediaFlex as well as read waveform monitors & vectorscopes.
• Prioritize work based on air dates and Lead Tech instruction. Monitor incoming emails and facilitate requests as per Lead Tech/Supervisor instructions.
• Attend QC department meetings and follow all procedures as assigned.
• Min. 2 years college
• Must be highly proficient in all aspects of HD video and other media. Must be well versed in domestic and global frame rates and file resolutions. Understanding of File based workflows is necessary. Must have an excellent understanding of waveform monitors, vectorscopes, audio meters and all technical specs as needed. Must be extremely organized. Must be able to quickly adapt to new technology and workflows. Knowledge of MediaFlex and Amberfin is a plus.
• 3-4 years Tech Eval/QC experience in broadcast or similar high pressure environment.
• Highly organized, team player, problem solver and ability to work individually with minimal supervision.
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview:
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.