A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Programming Coordinator (Temporary)
Provide both administrative and creative/development support for VP and Sr Director of Development and Production. Responsibilities also include assisting in the coordination and tracking of all development and programming for the department; and some administrative support for two programming Directors. Coordinate daily programming activities and communicate project development and production with other departments.
• Provide telephone support, executive schedule, travel arrangements (ground transportation/airfare).
• Process and trouble-shoot expense reports for assigned executives.
• Produce and coordinate materials for all development meetings, offsites and presentations.
• Track, receive and distribute rough cuts, fine cuts, etc. – Input dates for rough cuts (RC) and fine cuts (FC) into Program Executives calendars – update as needed.
• Manage timely processing of all invoices and Debut uploads for all LMN programming.
• Notify production companies of premiere air schedule.
• Maintain producer submissions files and updated producer contact list with relevant agents included.
• Regular check show websites to make sure information is accurate for sites applying to shows under Program Executives.
• Maintain Producer/Agent Contact database for departmental use.
• Keep accurate records on previous awards submissions – keeping track of previous
nominations and winners (whether they were for A&E or not) as reference for future
• Maintain and manage submissions log, proactively encouraging prompt response time and maintaining an accessible tracking system to search for pitches in future.
• Serve as first layer of observation for incoming projects – have the discerning eye to determine which projects need priority attention. Write log lines for each submission, as well as a short evaluation/recommendation.
• Work with AP to Coordinate pitches and pitch tracking system/agenda for weekly development meetings & Sr development meetings. Attend weekly development meetings, prep and run AV, and take detailed notes to communicate regarding next-steps, etc.
• Maintain tracking library and system for all paid-development projects for department.
• Keep track (for success-ratio purposes) of all development projects.
• Research new project ideas/arenas
• Serve as back-up, as needed, to other development executives, up to – and including – being able to lock fine cuts of programs.
• Act as professional attaché to the creative community, building relationships with agents and coordinators across the television industry.
• Responsible for helping with all elements of PAC process, up to and including writing PACs and walking PACs around for signatures. Qualification Requirements • BA/BS degree.
• Strong administrative experience, preferably within a television production/agency environment.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Outstanding technical prowess – up to, and including, proficiency on BOX, all APPLE materials, including I-Tunes and I-Movie and/or Final Cut pro.
• Ability to read incoming development projects for 'coverage' and editorial commentary.
• Excellent communication & organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize.
• Must be detail-oriented, able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work on-call, available certain evenings and occasional weekends. Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months Company Overview: A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.