A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/4/2017 9:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Product Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Product Designer postings
Full Time Job
Product Designer (Project)
A E Networks is looking for a passionate, talented, and multi-disciplinary team player with web, mobile, and emerging platform experience to join our Digital Media team in New York. This position will be integral to the creative process and play a pivotal role in the design and innovation of our Subscription Video On Demand (SVOD) applications that are shaping the television/video industry. We are looking for people who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic and creative. We want a product designer who will dig in to understand A E's users, and deliver compelling designs that focus on user's needs and meet business objectives.
This position will work side-by-side with diverse product team members to produce beautiful, compelling and innovative SVOD products that span across digital platforms and include executions on tablet and smartphone, as well as emerging platforms such as Apple TV, Roku, and whatever comes next.
The qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate strong interface design skills based on principles of design and usability while taking into consideration the unique needs of each platform and established human interface guidelines (iOS, Android, game consoles, connected TVs, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in producing cutting edge visual/interface design for mobile and OTT applications along with the ability to create interactive prototypes. In addition to visual design principles, the candidate should be familiar with user-centered design methodologies and usability best practices. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, understand constraints quickly, and be able to create intuitive, optimized, and brand-consistent experiences that connect people and entertainment brands across A E's portfolio of networks.
Experience working in an Agile product development environment a very strong plus.
• Collaborate with senior team members on design/UX strategies.
• Design visual interfaces, user flows, and compelling interactions.
• Translate complex ideas into elegant, intuitive designs.
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with other disciplines across the digital media team to understand business needs, requirements, goals, and metrics, as well as unique brand differentiators during discovery, pre-production, and production phases.
• Work closely with product team members (front-end developers, software engineers, designers, etc.) to develop best-of-breed digital products that meet the needs of users and drive business goals and objectives.
• Explore and experiment with the future of A E's mobile/emerging product interfaces.
• Ensure design synergy between digital properties.
• Stay aware of current design trends and developments in mobile and emerging platforms.
• Be able to problem solve independently.
• Be ready to multi-task and manage more than one project at a time.
• Collaborate with the senior staff to push your work to be the best it can be.
• Strong portfolio that demonstrates exceptional visual and graphic design skills via intuitive and engaging UI design with a simple clean style and a pixel-level attention to detail.
• Have a strong design point of view and understanding of fundamental design principles, typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, and composition.
• Proven understanding of interaction design concepts.
• Understand principles of website, mobile and digital design in general.
• Understanding of mobile design issues, including cross-platform compatibility.
• Ability to take creative direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively, in a fast paced product team environment.
• Ability to iterate quickly and work within an Agile/Scrum framework.
• Knowledge of user experience best practices for mobile devices.
• Passion for bringing innovative new products to market.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Skilled at masking and image manipulations.
• Strong communication stills: verbal, written, and interpersonal.
• Self-motivated with enthusiasm to constantly learn and grow.
• Excellent team player with a positive attitude
Educational Requirements • Working knowledge of HTML/CSS with strong desire to learn
• Entertainment industry experience a plus. Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans