A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2016 9:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Administrator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Media Administrator postings
Full Time Job
Media Administrator- Project
Media Administrator, Production Media Operations
Manage all media assets and associated metadata housed on Avid ISIS, Interplay, Avid PAM, and XSAN storage systems within the A E Networks production facility.
The Media Administrator reports directly to the Manager of Production Media Operations, executing and communicating all procedures, processes, workflows and directives set forth.
• Responsible for managing all media assets and metadata living in the facility's Production Asset Management system.
• Manage all client based and internal storage allocations on Avid ISIS, Interplay, and XSAN storage systems.
• Execute procedures for editorial project management, naming and asset deletion as needed.
• Liaise with clients to determine which media and projects are complete and can be archived and deleted from active production servers.
• Build and maintain workflow-dependent Interplay locations for evergreen assets.
• Perform routine and periodic ISIS and Interplay database maintenance, project management, and check-in procedures.
• Build and maintain weekly and monthly recurring Avid projects.
• Assist Technical Operations and Engineering in providing technical support within the facility as it pertains to Avid Interplay, ISIS, and PAM/MAM servers and systems.
• Assist the Media Center with best practices for ingesting media into the Avid or FCP edit environments.
• Assist in enforcing workflows and educate clients regarding new and existing procedures from a media management perspective.
• Assist Manager of Production Media Operations with any assignments, overflow and testing; included but not limited to internal training, troubleshooting, technical document creation and communication with external vendors.
• Help to create new and refine existing workflows to improve efficiency and increase employee knowledge base.
• Provide support and participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Required Skills:
• BA/BS in Communications or related field or related vocational education.
• 5 years television post production experience or similar, in a fast-paced, high volume facility.
• Knowledge of Avid Interplay Access, Avid Symphony and Final Cut Pro NLEs, file-based workflows, asset management systems, and emerging technologies.
• Experience with MAM/PAM and LTO Archive systems
• Working knowledge of all industry file formats and codecs; including but not limited to all camera raw file formats.
• Flexibility in shift work, including night shift availability as needed.
• Ability to work unsupervised to provide hands-on support, guidance, and troubleshooting for technical testing and client support as well as communicate evolving workflows and procedures.
• Ability to manage expectations of client base while maintaining a customer service approach.
• Ability to be the Avid Media guru for the facility Qualification Requirements TBD Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview: TBD