Manager, Talent Partnerships & Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager position will reside in the Talent Partnerships & Strategy department, and report to the Senior Director of Talent Partnerships. This person will act as one of the liaisons between A E Networks' on-air talent, their representatives and internal businesses to strengthen relationships, troubleshoot talent issues, and leverage talent and deals. This role will strategically utilize talent in order to support content, events and A E Networks business initiatives that drive ratings and revenue with a focus towards the business of developing A E talent. The Talent Partnerships department works across the A E family of networks, which includes History, A&E, Lifetime, FYI, LMN.
1. Actively engage the talent very early on and build and maintain personal and business relationships with A E talent, providing them with on-going guidance and mentorship. Be aware of, and appropriately acknowledge milestones in the talents' personal and professional lives. Understand the talent inside and out - deal terms, personalities, interests, likes, dislikes, skills, expertise, etc., and apply such knowledge to successfully execute responsibilities.
2. Work closely with and build relationships with relevant internal (e.g., network EPs) and external parties (e.g., production companies, talent representatives) to ensure a 360 degree talent management strategy.
3. Manage and troubleshoot potential talent crises, including personality-driven concerns and contractual situations, before, during and after a talent crisis to protect relationships with talent/representatives and Network's/business units' interests.
4. Accompany and manage talent at A E- related activities and events such as Upfront, TCA, Corporate events, and marketing shoots.
5. Work with the Sr. Director of A E Talent Partnerships, the talent, the A E business units such as ad sales, communications, commerce, corporate social responsibility and marketing to develop a business plan to manage and maximize the talent brand.
6. Work with talent to seek out major third party opportunities that compliment and/or enhance A E's internal commerce or ad sales initiatives.
7. Identify and recommend specific short and long-term business strategies and opportunities for talent that match A E's business units' interests to maximize talent contracts, effectively utilize resources, and increase profile of talent while driving ratings and revenue. Secure talent's buy-in on such strategies/opportunities and manage approach to talent to guarantee contractual compliance, manage expectations, and ensure successful execution of plans.
8. Act as a point person and strategic counsel to A E key executives and external producers in connection with talent relations, talent business strategy and issue resolution.
9. Work with coordinator to update talent contact information for talent, agents, managers and lawyers
10. Track and help manage internal and external requests for all A E talent
11. Respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
12. As requested, attend internal meetings to learn, contribute, represent and report back priorities and plans to support related Talent requests and issues.
13. Establish relationships with talent, reps and internal/external clients and manage expectations, communications and feedback between those parties regarding requests for talent services. Qualification Requirements * 5 years of experience in talent management/relations, television industry and/or event management.
*Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the on-air talent business, including an extensive knowledge of talent contractual terms
*Applicants must have knowledge of the top talent agencies and management firms in the industry and relationships at such agencies/firms a plus.
* Applicants must have a proven ability to exemplify calmness and composure while handling talent in a crisis situation.
* Entertainment experience preferred.
* Experience managing needs of VIPs.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
* Must contribute to and thrive in high energy, high profile, positive, proactive, deadline driven, results oriented, and attention to detail environment.
* Strong administrative, critical reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
* Capacity to manage and prioritize many projects at one time in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Computer proficiency in Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point, Lotus Notes, and Internet.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
*Travel required Educational Requirements BA or BS Degree Company Overview: A E Networks, LLC. is an award-winning global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, to home videos/DVDs to gaming and educational software. A E Networks is comprised of A&E® Network, Lifetime®, HISTORY®, LMN®, fyi,™, H2™, HISTORY en Español™, Crime & Investigation Network™, Military HISTORY™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 300 million households in over 150 countries. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.