Manager, Program Scheduling
A+E NetworksSingapore, SG
This was removed by the employer on 10/20/2016 9:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Program Scheduling jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Manager, Program Scheduling postings
Full Time Job
Reporting to the Senior Director, Content, the Manager of Program Scheduling will be responsible for the strategic planning and scheduling A E Networks' channels, with the aim to increase ratings performance of the channels and maximize advertising sales opportunities. Working in collaboration with the Programming team, you are an expert in program scheduling with a strong background from broadcast networks across genres. You will not only have to constantly keep abreast of the ratings performance in various markets but will also have to be updated on the viewing trends with an aim to maximize ratings across differing country tastes, using the same schedule on the regional feed. You are someone who has a high degree of flexibility, can operate effectively in a very fast moving environment, and has a strong ability to multi-task under minimal supervision. You must be able to prioritize multiple assignments and be extremely detail oriented.
Apply via email with Manager, Program Scheduling in the subject line.
Note: EntertainmentCareers.Net Members can apply via the Apply Online button.
• Program selection and feedback, to ensure that programs airing on the channels are appealing to our audience in Asia and generating good ratings.
• Strategic and long range planning of programs premieres on both linear and non-linear platforms across all feeds.
• Create and maintain program inventory database in the channel management system (IBMS) and in Excel.
• Create and maintain monthly program schedules, program change memos, edit synopses of programs and manage Electronic Program Guide Listings (EPGs).
• Generate program ratings using various research software and analyze the data to gain knowledge of programs performance, viewing trends across our channel brands and competitors' performance.
• Work closely with Advertising and Affiliates Sales on new and existing businesses to ensure clients' objectives are met.
• Create and maintain monthly promotional priorities for commissioning of promos and liaise with On-Air-Promo, Marketing, Digital and Presentation teams to engage audience to our channels and brands.
• Approve censorship reports to ensure that all programs aired on our channels adhere to the Television Codes of Malaysia and Singapore, while ensuring that the programs' storylines and integrity are not compromised
• Follow up with transmission provider and Operations team on issues encountered by the scheduling team and finding solutions to improve the work flow.
• Support and be responsible for testing as well as handling all issues relating to the IBMS system, and providing training to new Program Scheduling staff.
• Manage and provide trainings specific to our usage and functionality, for all future new staff in the department and oversee the department intern.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in program scheduling in a regional television capacity
• Degree in Mass Communication, Media or equivalent
• Experience in the Acquisitions and Planning modules of IBMS
• Good Excel skills
• Attention to details, organized, sensitive to deadlines, a competitive spirit and passion for television – with a critical eye for television viewing habits
• Ability to think creatively and to devise innovative techniques in scheduling programs
• A solid understanding of the viewing trends and cultures of key countries in Asia
• Self-motivating, demonstrating initiative, autonomous while still being collaborative and open-minded.
• Good leadership qualities and interpersonal skills, a team player who is able to work under pressure
• Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English
• Ability to analyze raw data, understanding how to draw conclusions and communicate key insights and takeaways
• Familiarity with television research software is a bonus (Infosys from Kantar Media, Arianna from AGB Nielsen and Evogenius from GFK)
• Based in Singapore
Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: TBD