A+E NetworksNew York, CT
Full Time Job
A E Networks needs a savvy professional, with previous experience in language dubbing and subtitling, to join our growing localization team. The Localization Supervisor is responsible for various dubbing, subtitling and track buyback initiatives across a variety of regions. As our team grows, you will be a key player in developing the strategic groundwork to handle higher volumes of localization for day and date initiatives, SVOD deals, and continued growth of the International division.
Knowledge of best practices in localization across a wide range of global territories is required, as well as a strong background in post-production processes. You'll be expected to stay on the forefront of new technology that facilitates the localization process and stay up-to-date on current processes in place at our channel partners and key sales clients.
This is a fast-paced environment in which tight deadlines and rapidly shifting high priorities are the norm. To succeed in this position, you must have excellent project management skills and be able to juggle multiple projects with ease. Problem-solving is one of your strengths, and you're adept at taking the lead in identifying and eliminating blocks in the production pipeline. You're a poised diplomat, able to communicate confidently with executives, vendors, clients and internal teams. A commitment to superior customer service for both internal and external clients is absolutely essential.
• Supervise all day-to-day localization requirements on assigned projects to ensure that the flow of materials relating to localized content moves efficiently at all times.
• Develop and enforce project schedules for day and date broadcast, global tent poles, and SVOD delivery, driving fast turnaround of high priority scripted content and ensuring that all key targets are met.
• Onboard localization vendors; distribute and review A E technical requirements, workflows and schedules, ensuring that all material is delivered according to established deadlines.
• Develop and implement workflows to facilitate language track buybacks in key territories to support new business initiatives.
• Liaise with Sales and Fulfillment on deals in the pipeline that require localization or track buybacks, provide input on availability, specs and costs, and maintain a constant, accurate flow of information.
• Act as a primary contact for channel partners & key sales clients, partnering with them to better align processes and technology for production, localization and content delivery.
• Track and reconcile invoices related to dubbing and subtitling and assist with budget line tracking and forecasting.
• Coordinate the annual RFP process, review responses and negotiate best rates with external vendors.
• Provide exceptional customer service, ensuring that all communication with clients, sales and vendors is fast and accurate.
• BA in media or communications.
• 3-5 years prior experience at a localization vendor or on the localization team of a broadcast network
• Previous experience delivering localized content to Netflix, Amazon or iTunes strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of post-production processes is required.
• Working knowledge of file, tape and audio formats is required.
• Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to speak one or more foreign languages is a plus
• An outstanding customer service demeanor and sensitivity to cultural differences in dealing with clients from around the world.
This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Manager, Localization
Qualification Requirements TBD Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview: TBD