Lead Infrastructure Architect
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/9/2017 8:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Lead Infrastructure Architect jobs in New York-NY
Search all Lead Infrastructure Architect postings
Full Time Job
Hands-on role responsible for creating, communicating, and ensuring adherence to enterprise-wide infrastructure platform technology architecture design, principals, guidelines and solutions standardizing on an architecture framework (TOGAF, etc.). Responsible for hands-on advancement of IT infrastructure architecture in support of business and IT strategy, developing roadmaps and blueprints to ensure architecture goals are met. Collaborates with IT development staff during system design and development phases; providing advice, interpretation, and review of infrastructure platform architecture and design principles, focuses on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring technical team members. Conducts research and understands hardware, network, storage, virtualization and cloud computing industry trends with regards to technology, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities and how they relate in of our overall enterprise architecture.
• Participate in architecture reviews and/or audits; define and maintain documentation of infrastructure and technology standards, processes and policies related to core infrastructure.
• Develop strategies and policies for the implementation and sustainment of technical IT infrastructure and enterprise services.
• Define/document target state architecture, anticipate growth, ensure scalability; stay abreast of industry trends and assess new products; use KPIs and effectiveness metrics to improve processes; bridge different areas of the infrastructure.
• Design technical infrastructure; effectively integrate solutions into the existing infrastructure; document current state architecture; consult on development projects; help deploy solutions that meet business and technical requirements.
• Provide hands-on architectural expertise, direction and assistance to other IT Engineers, IT management, and others
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase performance, reliability, scalability, availability, redundancy/resilience, cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
• Responsible for architectural roadmap to move from an on-prem design to one that leverages software-defined technologies, to include, public, private, and hybrid design considerations
• Cost/Benefit modeling and creating compelling business cases for migration.
• Generating cloud migration roadmaps and driving buy-in across complex organization structures.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• Lead the design and partner in the delivery of large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Conceptualize and design next generation data center virtual infrastructure (SDDC), server, networks, storage (SAN/NAS), Cloud, Security, Lifecycle Management and Operations.
• Lead and build consensus among engineering team, in the design and development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems.
• Understand, recommend and guide improvements across the infrastructure service layers of the network, storage, servers, virtualization, to include operating and other systems.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of application and middleware integration within infrastructure platforms.
• Develop cross-platform Virtualization technology roadmap; analyze and recommend emerging virtualization technologies that can provide benefit while reducing risk.
• Provide hands-on virtualization architecture guidance, research technical issues; publish standards, best practices, white papers and solutions. Conduct proof-of-concept exercises to validate concepts and assumptions.
• Act as the Virtualization ''subject matter expert'' by providing technical leadership across all IT technology disciplines.
• Assists in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others to ensure adequacy of operational risk mitigation efforts.
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, product, or service leadership.
• Develop team members to increase bench strength and flexibility of design, and growth considerations.
• Facilitate effective, comprehensive, and consistent communications, for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, IT operations, and technology projects.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of hands-on VMware data center and desktop technology stack. Physical and virtual global storage and network technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with physical infrastructure (Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Citrix)
• Hands-on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Platforms design experience
• Experience with Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability. Amazon Services such as AWS, S3, Elastic load balancing/Block/Relational Database
• Architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution.
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape
• 10 years hands on experience in information technology.
• 3-5 years of direct leadership experience overseeing Architecture initiatives in a global enterprise.
• Strong technical competence and aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
• Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO.
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
• Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Educational Requirements BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering required, or equivalent work experience.
Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3/2011 processes).
CCNA/CCNP/PMP/VCAPS or CAPM Certifications are a plus.
CSSGB Certification a preferred plus Other Skills and Knowledge MO-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans