Human Resources Assistant
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Human Resources Assistant (Temporary)
Provide administrative support to senior HR leaders. Highly visible within the Human Resources department; interface with management, clients and visitors. Coordinate meetings with internal management and external contacts supporting Vice Presidents of Human Resources.
• Proactively organize and manage calendars and schedule all meetings, travel, special events and conference calls with an understanding of pre-established personal preferences.
• Continuously follow-up with VPs regarding calendar to ensure accuracy.
• Manage meeting preparation and follow through including: scheduling/setting up conference rooms, preparing agenda, presentations, preparing research, people and company profiles, audio-visual materials and any additional required materials.
• Answer phones, sort mail, draft emails/memos and letters for internal/external clients.
• Prepare expense reports and check requests, submit to finance and keep track of payments.
• Candidate must be organized, have strong follow-up and be able to prioritize and balance support for 3-4 VPs: must demonstrate initiative and also be enthusiastic.
• Microsoft Office Suite experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Friendly, personable, professional and good sense of diplomacy.
• Prior hands-on experience providing administrative support to senior executive.
• Ability to handle confidential information and operate with discretion when engaging in sensitive employee matters.
Educational Requirements BA/BA degree or equivalent experience Other Skills and Knowledge Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview: A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.