Enterprise Engineer- Platform/OS/Hardware
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure, both physical and virtual, in a global Windows and Linux environment. Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of all new hardware, systems, and infrastructure software, implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Recommends upgrades or enhancements that support the technical environment and meet business needs, supports hosted client/end user environments such as Citrix and VMware. Monitors performance of all systems to ensure availability of data, applications, and computing resources, provides assistance to project teams with technical issues, provides Tier 3 technical support and 24x7 on-call services for supported environments. Develops and maintains appropriate documentation, including configuration and design documentation as well as maintenance, audit, and change management records.
• Install and configuration of the global organization server hardware, applications, operating systems, virtualization environments, networking hardware and web environments
• Resolve complex issues with server hardware, virtualization, storage, operating systems while following downtime procedures
• Maintain global high-availability systems, data integrity, security and disaster recovery configurations
• Conduct technical research regarding user requests for new/modified systems or problem resolution
• Prepare detailed requirements and specifications for new systems / modifications to existing systems including preparation of supporting documentation and designs
• Ensure user satisfaction by providing technical assistance and user communication
• Assist and coordinate escalation of critical issues to appropriate personnel
• Monitor global system performance and carry out performance tuning
• Prepare documentation as required
• Collaboration with other IT personnel across the globe
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Additional duties as assigned
• Assists in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
• Ensures adherence to protocols for 24x7x365 response and notifications for alarms, emergencies, or critical incidents.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others to ensure adequacy of operational risk mitigation efforts.
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, product, or service leadership
• Develop team members to increase bench strength and flexibility of the functions.
• Facilitate effective, comprehensive, and consistent communications, for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, IT operations, and technology projects.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of hands on VMware data center and desktop technology stack. Physical and virtual global storage and network technologies, capabilities, trends and the automated interaction with physical infrastructure (Cisco, EMC, NetApp, VMware, Citrix)
• Hands on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows Server Platforms experience
• Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS), automation, orchestration, cost frameworks, trends and industry-leading private/public/hybrid cloud vendor offerings and interoperability.
• Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, App-V
• Hands on experience with Dell, HP, Cisco hardware
• Strong troubleshooting skills (Hardware & Software)
• Architecting automated data center processes, including provisioning, application and patch management, monitoring and alerting, capacity monitoring and planning, leveraging execution and human approval workflow design and implementation.
• Hands on MS Windows (Server and desktop), Solaris, Linux (RHEL & SLES) preferred
• RDBMS technologies including Oracle RAC,MS-SQL preferred
• 10 years' hands on experience in information technology.
• Strong technical competence and aptitude.
• 7 years hands on experience of Linux system administration
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
• Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO.
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• Previous hands-on experience with complex IT Systems solutions and business applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
• Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Educational Requirements BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering required, or equivalent work experience. Other Skills and Knowledge Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Microsoft MCSE, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 (VCAPS-DCD) Project Management Professional (PMP) or other related certifications
CCNA/CCNP/PMP/VCAPS or CAPM Certification is a plus.
ITIL v3/2011 or CSSGB Certification a preferred plus Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.