Emailing Marketing Producer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Emailing Marketing Producer (Project)
A E Network's true talent is imagining, finding, cultivating and bringing to life the most entertaining parts of the human experience. As our global brands expand, reaching just under a billion consumers, we are redefining the engagement experience.
At A E Networks you'll find a community of innovative, creative and inspiring people who aren't afraid to try new things and collaborate in an effort to drive the company forward across the entire portfolio of A E brands (A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime, LMN, FYI, H2, etc.). In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to redefine how fans find, engage and consume our many entertaining stories.
We are redefining how we engage with our amazing fan base and we need your help. Sitting within our CRM team, our Email Marketing Producer will work with acquisition, content, marketing, digital and data teams to build relationships with our consumers by preparing email marketing communications/emails for various brands.
With a passion for email marketing, our ideal candidate will manage the day-to-day email program across multiple online brands. This includes the development, testing, deployment and analysis of 15-30 email campaigns weekly. He/she will maintain awareness of email marketing trends, best practices, and CAN-SPAM laws.
• Keep abreast of email marketing industry best practices and proactively apply that knowledge
• Manage all calendars for relationship marketing
• Stay up-to-date with company priorities, including programming, content and SVOD products
• Work closely with marketing and web team on implementing brand standards in email communications
• Conduct tests on email elements to improve response email metrics
• Serve as project manager and producer of email communications by prioritizing and gathering content, adding copy and hyperlinks, uploading images, testing in great detail and deploying approved emails
• Enhance email communications with third party software, such as Movable Ink and Litmus
• Write attention-grabbing subject lines & pre-headers and apply enticing copy suitable for email
• Process subscriber requests in a timely manner to ensure CAN-SPAM compliance
• Provide reporting and results on daily/weekly basis to manager
• Conduct monthly meetings on ''Lessons Learned'' from each campaign, including successes and challenges and use these to develop better campaigns in the future
• Prepare presentations documenting key learnings from test results
• Must possess an impeccable eye for detail
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities under a tight deadline
• Excellent proofreading and writing skills
• Basic HTML and some production experience desired
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment (facilitate and participate in meetings and group settings)
Educational Requirements BA or BS in English, Marketing, Communications, or related field
Minimum 2 - 3 years of prior experience in email marketing and/or editorial production. Other Skills and Knowledge Knowledge of commonly-used email concepts, practices and procedures
Need to have an understanding of email marketing metrics and performance tracking methods
Ability to create simple header graphics for newsletters: Basic Adobe suite: Fireworks/Photoshop/Macromedia Dreamweaver highly preferred
Interest in web, television, digital video and pop culture
Experience with ESP's such as Experian and other enhancement software (Movable Ink, Litmus, etc)
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than twelve (12) months. Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.