Director of Programming, Scripted Series
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Programming for Lifetime Scripted Series. Located in the Los Angeles office, this position would be responsible for identifying, developing and supporting scripted series for the Lifetime network.
Specifically, this position would:
• Identify and solicit projects that will continue to help push forward the already evolving brand.
• Aggressively seek out and develop scripts, talent and properties in both one hour and half hour formats that will help push the boundaries of what is expected by this iconic brand.
• Support the script development process by working with writers and producers to review, develop and approve scripts.
• Use your industry network to cultivate strong relationships within the creative community to attract scripts, talent, programming concepts and properties that will heighten the channel's lineup and library.
• Proactively search out intellectual property in support of stated band goals and creative mandates
• Tracking of competitive projects in the female driven marketplace, including but not limited to series television, feature films, digital programming and traditional publishing models.
• Constantly stay on top of potential programming from various sources, paying particular attention to fresh concepts, trending pop culture topics and programming trends that will expand the network's audience base and increase revenues.
• Support VP and SVP in both development and current programming.
Qualification Requirements The ideal candidate will have 5 years' experience in development, preferably focused on series in cable or television. In addition we are seeking a candidate with:
• Established relationships with studios, independent producers, directors, writers, agents, talent, and the creative community in general.
• The ability to be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who can effectively self motivate.
• Creative storytelling expertise, extensive understanding of note giving and ability to communicate with writers with various levels of experience.
• Experience in physical production and basic understanding of business affairs and project management desirable, but not a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills with excellent communication skills and positive, forward thinking attitude.
Educational Requirements Bachelors degree. Other Skills and Knowledge MO-POST; #LI-POST