Director / Sr. Director, Advanced Analytics & Data Strategy
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role will focus on evaluating methodologies, data quality and best analytics practices that will help advance A E Networks data capabilities on both traditional tv and cross platform sides of our business.
• Responsible for the evaluation of all third-party data sets that could be utilized across all key business units (including Ad Sales, Programming, Distribution, Digital, etc.)
• Assess the methodologies, data quality and synergies across various third-party data sets and develop strategic recommendations on behalf of the Research and Analytics team.
• Perform data-validation for new data products A E considers to onboard
• Conduct cost-benefit analyses and identify the most relevant use cases for the new data sets with a goal to drive the most value for the company.
Industry News Assessment
• Develop POV communications / presentations that address the numerous industry headlines on behalf of the entire Research and Analytics group for both internal and external consumption.
Internal Data Efficiencies
• Create greater data use efficiencies for the Research and Analytics team.
• Assist with evaluation of currently available and potential data sources and identify possible synergies between them.
• Work with Programming, Ad Sales, Digital and Multiplatform / Distribution Analytics teams to generate automated methods of processing the data related to their daily business.
• Project examples may include partnering with A E's IT group to develop automated dashboards utilizing Tableau software.
• Responsible for development of quantitative data models enabling the Research and Analytics teams to determine:
• causality of certain performance trends;
• predicting future impact by performing regression analyses;
• inform multiplatform strategy by performing valuation of opportunity analyses, etc.
• Apply higher-level analytics to develop business cases in order to leverage A E Networks' content into greater revenue opportunities.
• Create revenue models, assess risks / opportunities, provide analytical support, and make implementation recommendations to senior executives.
• Manage the relationships with third party Advanced Analytics vendors (e.g. Disney's MSI) to ensure A E maximizes the benefits of these data partnerships.
Analytics Business Development
• Proactively identify and evaluate potential data partnerships that may benefit individual departments as well as A E Networks as a whole.
• Collaborate with members of the Research senior leadership team, as well as the corporate Data Committee to identify the most appropriate data solutions for A E Networks.
Qualification Requirements 4 yr college graduate (degree in Math, Engineering, Computer Science or Statistics preferred) Advanced Degree (MBA preferred)
Working knowledge of research systems related to linear TV, Digital, and other emerging platforms. Expertise in data base management desired.
High level of expertise in MS suite (Excel, PowerPoint), programs that allow quick manipulation of data
Previous media experience. Previous experience in ad supported cable landscape; prior work with cable distributors, or brand research with heavy quantitative background desired.
7 years of previous analytics experience
Needs to be able to toggle between roles, projects and reporting systems.
Educational Requirements #LI-POST Other Skills and Knowledge TBD Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.