Director Project Portfolio Management
A+E NetworksLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The IT Portfolio Management Director is a hands-on role within the IT organization at A E Networks. This position reports to the VP, Head of International Technology, Strategy & Operations who is based out of New York. This role is responsible for supporting the international ambitions of A E Networks, mainly in the UK/EMEA region but potentially may also get involved in the projects and support of other A E international locations (Latin America, Southeast Asia). The ideal candidate should be someone who has strong IT experience within the Media Industry along with project/program management experience. In addition helping to set and influence PMO principles, this person will function as a senior IT leader on the ground within the London office and help to align, add visibility, plan, support existing systems & deploy initiatives. He/She will also focus on technology related initiatives within the International office(s) and become a trusted technology partner for those business groups. The candidate will help to deploy systems, communicate status to senior management on international projects and be proactive in managing risks before they become major roadblocks. This person will also act as the liaison between the A E London office and the Corporate Technology Group in New York. He/She will work very closely with the local business stakeholders as well as the VP, Head of International Technology, Strategy & Ops in order to forecast demand, support business plans and advocate IT policies/procedures.
In order to be successful in this role, the individual must:
• Have strong IT experience along with program/portfolio management experience
• Have strong media systems experience in at least 1-2 of the below areas and have an understanding of media workflows
• ERP Systems (SAP, PeopleSoft/Oracle, etc)
• Infrastructure projects (Data center build out, cloud migration, networking, etc)
• Channel Management or Broadcast Management Systems implementations (MediaGenix, IBMS, WideOrbit, Sintec, Harris, etc)
• Asset Management Systems implementations (IPV, Dalet, etc)
• Be a self-starter that can act on his/her own with minimum direction
• Be a strong leader that can professionally manage expectations of other senior business leaders in the face of pressure or their agendas
• Be able to take direction from the corporate office and effectively communicate strategy and standards to local offices
• Able to influence without having direct oversight
• Be able to pivot as business or IT demands dictate and must be comfortable with working in a somewhat ambiguous environment and be able to add clarity and definition
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills in order to communicate effectively and partner with IT & business partners across the globe
• Be able to conceptualize, socialize and operationalize IT processes and/or business projects
This position will be based in the Hammersmith (London) area within the United Kingdom but may occasionally be required to work from other A E Network locations.
Project Portfolio Governance Growth and Development:
• Plan/establish/advocate for IT Portfolio Management and IT Governance functions within the business units
• Develop, socialize and operationalize Portfolio Management and Governance frameworks, processes and related technologies. This includes but is not limited to IT Demand Management, Investment Portfolio Prioritization, IT Policies, Principles and Standards, Project Management and Program Management.
• Establish and advocate for consistent Change Control Board (CCB) as well as Demand Management processes
• Support the Corporate and IT Strategy, Governance and Risk Management on an ongoing basis for achieving Portfolio Management and Governance related objectives and developing executive level communications
• Create and maintain up to date deliverables, working documents and online/tool based repositories for IT Portfolio Management and Governance.
• Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with key Portfolio Management and Governance related stakeholders in IT and Business (in NY as well as locally)
• Partner and collaborate with Program and Project Managers across the global organization on an ongoing basis to help establish and refine enterprise level processes, guidelines and tools for simplified, effective and efficient implementation of PPM/PMO processes at all levels• Lead in a matrixed organization with strong ability to influence without authority – specifically in context of Program and Project Management stakeholders in the business as well as other IT organizations (e.g. IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Applications, Design).
• Development, maintenance and gaining alignment on key IT Portfolio Management and Governance metrics and processes for associated measuring & reporting.
• Identification and executive level articulation of IT portfolio management opportunities, risks and mitigation options.
IT & Leadership Activities:
• Collaborate with all IT organizations, Finance and other Business functions for gathering, structuring, analyzing and reconciling information related initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks and issues associated with the project portfolio, program portfolio and implementations
• Effectively communicate with Senior IT leadership in NY on status, projects, morale, etc
• Coordinate the implementation of programs and projects across multiple geographies.
• Participate in or lead discussions on Technology projects and formulate well-thought out plans for successful rollouts
• Manage business expectations on new as well as existing initiatives and represent IT interests to develop a sound execution plan
• Facilitate effective, comprehensive and consistent communications for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Develop team members and educate stakeholders to increase PMO effectiveness
• Conduct regular executive portfolio briefings to the IT leadership and key business stakeholders
• Stay current with media technology, applications and workflows
• Manage and track budgets working with Corp IT Finance Manager in NY
• Establishes ongoing communication with senior leadership on the status of initiatives
• Manage, develop or provide performance oversight for project consultants, contractors and vendors.
• Assist in long range planning
• Minimum 6 years of experience in large scale, global organization working as an IT Manager/Director with hands-on experience in IT Portfolio Management & Governance
• Previous hands-on project management experience required in delivering large scale enterprise level projects (ERP (SAP), Infrastructure builds/moves, Channel Management Solution or Broadcast Management Solution implementations, Asset Management Systems implementations)
• 8 years of IT experience in supporting critical media business systems as well as related implementations.
• Financial acumen to understand and articulate business value for complex Projects, Programs or other initiatives.
• Strong understanding of and significant experience in deploying IT Portfolio Management & Governance processes.
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.