Director Production - Lifetime
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director of Production, History Channel is responsible for the managing the execution of all On-Air, Print, and Digital marketing campaigns ensuring the highest quality of creative is being produced in the most cost effective manner, delivering on time, and on budget. We're looking for a highly-motivated forward thinking candidate with 10 yrs experience working in Live Action Production, Design, Motion Graphics, Post-Production, and Events. Main responsibilities are to collaborate with team leaders across multiple disciplines throughout the life cycle of a campaign to identify, set, and achieve goals. Liaise with Showrunners, Producers, and Development teams from Pilot green light through the end of the season. A E networks is a very hands on creative culture, so candidate must also have the ability to produce their own projects.
• Research, develop and implement new production & post-production models to cut costs, reduce redundancy and push the creative and marketing teams towards a higher creative output to support more priority titles.
• Oversee project timelines, creative talent assignments for production and post-production.
• Maintain relationships with programming and scheduling to support the needs of the marketing team.
• Liaise between internal and external agencies to negotiate bulk rate deals, award bids, assign work and deliver end to end production management.
• Manage a team of production managers and coordinators, ensuring assignments are thoroughly supervised and executed, and collaborate daily with creative directors.
• Seek info on pilots, scripts, photography, production dates, premiere date, title changes and additions.
• Oversee annual budget for on-air, print, and consumer marketing.
Qualification Requirements The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience
Educational Requirements B.A./B.S. degree Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans