Director, IT Innovation & Architecture
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2017 8:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Director, IT Innovation & Architecture jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, IT Innovation & Architecture postings
Full Time Job
Provides global leadership, oversight, governance and strategic direction related to the cloud infrastructure services that are required to enable the delivery of global IT services, provides input to the overall architecture, governance model and provides executive leadership, standardization and validation of the effectiveness of our cloud based infrastructure. Sponsors the efforts on researching, designing, and implementing software/hardware components that are standards based, high performance, highly available and secure in delivering the required business functionality. Facilitates the education of internal and external users of the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how best to operate and support the cloud services, drives the introduction of solutions that grow the bottom line. Leads the evaluation and selection of cloud infrastructure service products, institutes governance based on best practices and ensure proper alignment of projects and major initiatives. Review the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement, review of the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the infrastructure architecture. Support the global solution architecture by providing architecture direction in terms of technology, software and infrastructure for projects in the delivery life cycle. Validates that cloud infrastructure strategy and planning is aligned with business strategy and goals, promotes the benefits of cloud infrastructure services to the organization educate the team on cloud infrastructure concepts. Define, design, implement and promote standard configuration and change management, processes and practices. Develop and maintain cloud infrastructure strategy documentation and plans.
• Divide time for managing relationships and setting strategy between peers & executive stakeholders and with directing team;
• Set technical strategy and direction for areas of expertise
• Sets strategy for implementing the global technical infrastructure, architecture, application systems and/or related business processes to ensure the reliable implementation and operation of new technology or systems;
• Strategic problem solving primarily associated with strategic business and technology challenges rather than operational issues
• Accomplish planning at the year, multi-year, and program levels; integrate strategic technology planning with business stakeholders
• Tactical orientation to prepare, deliver, and utilize technical vision, strategy, and roadmap throughout enterprise
• Identify and lead industry best practices in area of functional expertise
• Engage team, peers, business stakeholders, and industry experts in innovative dialogue to further technical vision and innovation
• Drive and adopt strategic and transformational change at a functional and enterprise level
• Sought out as a strategic leader within the company for complex problem solving and direction setting, utilizing expert level technical knowledge, internal network, external network and other resources
• Participate in Global Technology Solutions enterprise-level planning and lead strategy development in area of functional expertise
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others to ensure adequacy of operational risk mitigation efforts.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to identify risks associated with business processes, IT operations, information security programs, and technology projects.
• Coordinate critical, sensitive incidents spanning multiple geographies.
• Supervise the activities of architect (s) with responsibility for repeatable quality, client satisfaction, and investigative integrity.
• Facilitate effective, comprehensive, and consistent communications, for various audiences, including steering committees and other executive levels.
• Develop team members to increase bench strength and flexibility of the functions.
• Mentor staff in IT architecture and A E Networks practices.
• Participates in major cross-functional projects affecting A E's business, product, or service leadership
• Demonstrate enduring quality and highly efficient operations to internal and external clients
• Represents Corporate global IT in Customer Briefings, IT Architecture reviews, application development and deployment life cycle, network and infrastructure initiatives, etc.
• Conduct executive briefings for A E clients and partners.
• Responsible for hiring, assigning, developing, coordinating, influencing, leading and measuring all corporate IT programs, personnel, contractors and consultants.
• Guide the design and development of our global technology framework.
• Establishes ongoing communication with senior leadership on the status of IT related issues, evolving risks and related recommendations.
• Contracts, manages, develops or provides performance oversight for all service providers, consultants and contractors.
• Supports leadership in the development and maintenance of business continuity and crisis management/incident command programs, including planning and conducting exercises with local first responders.
• Assists in developing budgets and forecasts to support business needs, goals and objectives.
• Monitors and stays current with proven IT practices and technology.
• Ensures adherence to protocols for 24x7x365 response and notifications for alarms, emergencies, or critical incidents.
• Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: CompTIA Cloud Essentials, VMware VCP6, AWS certified Solutions Architect, AWS certified SysOps Administrator, Certified Cloud Architect
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible for designing complex network based solutions in a highly virtualized environment, Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, AWS.
• Deep technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage and midrange Compute.
• Knowledge of infrastructure components, virtualization technologies, middleware and SOA
• Minimum 10 years' experience in Information Technology.
• 8 years Cloud, IaaS, PaaS and other as a Service experience
• 10 years global solutions architecture experience
• 10 years global enterprise architecture experience
• 8 Cloud infrastructure support experience
• IaaS/PaaS Data Center provider experience
• Strong technical competence and aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
• Comfortable initiating change; consciously managing and shaping change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively interact with all levels of management from application developers to the CIO.
• Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365.
• Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
• PMP Certification is a plus.
• ITIL v3/2011 Certification a preferred plus
• Knowledge and experience regarding related state, local and federal laws, regulations and proven practices.
• Previous hands-on experience with complex Enterprise solutions and business applications.
• Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally.
• Positive ''can do'' attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments.
• Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
Educational Requirements BA or BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering required, or equivalent work experience Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans