Director, Human Resources
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 9:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director, Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
The Director, Human Resources will serve as a business partner setting direction and counseling the business to help make critical talent decisions and build engagement across assigned client areas. This position will support Corporate Strategic Resource groups including Finance & Business Development, Technology and Legal.
Reporting to the Vice President, HR, s/he will be responsible to drive people strategies and talent management efforts including, workforce planning, performance management, talent reviews, employee relations, organizational design, and the development of key talent.
S/he will partner closely with colleagues in Total Rewards and Learning & Development to plan strategy in the areas of compensation, performance management, training and organizational effectiveness. Recruiting and Talent Pipelining for dedicated client groups will be a core component of this position.
The right person will thrive in a ''hands on'' environment, loves solving talent challenges with creative solutions, and can pivot quickly.
• Understand the business and their talent priorities. Serve as a key member of the management teams by driving business results through systemic organizational and talent strategies that are aligned to the business strategy.
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
• Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee relations issues
• Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling
• Implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change and provides group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
• Ability to source, recruit and on-board talent including talent pipelining for critical areas of the business.
• Assist with employee communication initiatives within customer groups and provides advice on performance and related issues.
• Play key leadership role in implementing workforce planning, succession planning, career management, and performance management to support the division's growth plans.
• Continually assess the competitiveness and effectiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets.
• Build management capability to facilitate an open and inclusive environment that increases team member engagement.
• Provide oversight and direction in the handling of complex employee relations matters, ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations.
• Champion HR initiatives that support the success of the organization's growth and reinforce a collaborative, aligned, and engaged culture.
• 10 years of directly applicable HR experience in a progressive, forward-thinking environment
• Demonstrated advanced understanding and application of Human Resources areas including, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Organizational Design, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, and Change Management.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of HR professionals
• Demonstrated ability to build credibility and confidence with a wide variety of leaders as a trusted advisor and confidant
• Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
• Demonstrated advanced client focus, judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal) required.
• Strong business and financial acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and business analysis skills
• Ability to bring new ideas and leverage HR expertise and operations knowledge
• Demonstrated ability and experience working effectively in a self-directed, proactive, results-oriented, matrixed, fast paced environment across all levels
Educational Requirements Bachelor's degree and relevant direct work experience required.
Master's degree with applicable certifications preferred Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans