Director, Digital Research
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director will partner hand-in-hand with the A E Networks digital ad sales team, but will also regularly provide digital insights to other facets of A E Networks, including marketing, distribution, corporate development, and programming, that will guide strategy in enhancing the company's presence across all digital platforms. The role provides a unique opportunity to work across all A E Networks brands. A E Networks delivers more than 2 billion video views annually across digital platforms, and recently surpassed 50 million downloads of its TV Everywhere apps.
The Director should have a deep understanding and point-of-view on all aspects of the digital data ecosystem, including on-site behavior, 3rd party tools and aggregators, and audience and targeting platforms. The role will also monitor industry trends, and bring innovative perspectives to support the division's thought-leadership initiatives.
• Drive digital revenue growth by overseeing the Digital Ad Sales Research team efforts, including KPI reporting, audience profiling, competitive positioning, RFP responses, sales collateral and ad effectiveness research
• Oversee relationship with syndicated digital data providers including Nielsen Online & ComScore, ensuring that A E is properly represented in the marketplace, monitoring competitive rankings, and collaborating with vendors as their products evolve
• Manage A E participation in the testing of new audience measurement products, including the coordination of code implementation, meta data, reporting, analysis, vendor feedback, and data harmonization
• Educate internal stakeholders about trends in the Digital space (consumer insights, shifts in online advertising, the evolution of measurement, etc.), delivering strategic recommendations that fuel data-driven decision making, and a forward-thinking digital investment strategy
• Leverage Social Media listening, monitoring and optimization tools to support sales, marketing, PR, acquisition, engagement and retention objectives
• Identify and supervise custom research opportunities that embrace new data sets to demonstrate the value of A E inventory across emerging brands and platforms
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans