Director, Digital Research
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director will partner hand-in-hand with the A E Networks digital ad sales team, but will also regularly provide digital insights to other facets of A E Networks, including marketing, distribution, corporate development, and programming, that will guide strategy in enhancing the company's presence across all digital platforms. The role provides a unique opportunity to work across all A E Networks brands. A E Networks delivers more than 2 billion video views annually across digital platforms, and recently surpassed 50 million downloads of its TV Everywhere apps.
The Director should have a deep understanding and point-of-view on all aspects of the digital data ecosystem, including on-site behavior, 3rd party tools and aggregators, and audience and targeting platforms. The role will also monitor industry trends, and bring innovative perspectives to support the division's thought-leadership initiatives.
• Drive digital revenue growth by overseeing the Digital Ad Sales Research team efforts, including KPI reporting, audience profiling, competitive positioning, RFP responses, sales collateral and ad effectiveness research
• Oversee relationship with syndicated digital data providers including Nielsen Online & ComScore, ensuring that A E is properly represented in the marketplace, monitoring competitive rankings, and collaborating with vendors as their products evolve
• Manage A E participation in the testing of new audience measurement products, including the coordination of code implementation, meta data, reporting, analysis, vendor feedback, and data harmonization
• Educate internal stakeholders about trends in the Digital space (consumer insights, shifts in online advertising, the evolution of measurement, etc.), delivering strategic recommendations that fuel data-driven decision making, and a forward-thinking digital investment strategy
• Leverage Social Media listening, monitoring and optimization tools to support sales, marketing, PR, acquisition, engagement and retention objectives
• Identify and supervise custom research opportunities that embrace new data sets to demonstrate the value of A E inventory across emerging brands and platforms
Educational Requirements TBD Other Skills and Knowledge #LI-POST Company Overview:
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
At A E Networks, we are passionate about programming that brings human stories to life, knowing that it is in life itself that those stories originate. We are committed to empowering our people, strengthening our partnerships and engaging audiences across the globe. We're a global entertainment media company with six original brands: A&E®, HISTORY®, Lifetime®, H2®, FYI™ and LMN®. We reach 330 million people worldwide, can be found in eight out of 10 American homes and have 500 million digital users. The best part? We did it our way.
Marketing Innovations is focused on elevating and monetizing the A E Networks brands, intellectual property and talent. The group is comprised of three primary departments: Brand Partnerships Innovations, Consumer Products and the Creative Media Group.
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.